Ayden

I was locked up in the dungeons, or that's what they called it. It seems like a dungeon. It's a cave with a bed and small window and glassed over gate. I don't know how long I've been down here, but I'm getting hungry. I bet Brooke doesn't even know I'm down here, if she did she would never let this happen. I am laying on the bed, thinking of what's going to happen now. I'm probably going to stay here for a few days. Or maybe not, if Brooke starts questioning where I am. Maybe she suspects we are going to share a room. She's crazy if she thinks that is ever going to happen. We are on their territory now, and they are already calling the shots.

I hear other prisoners humming and singing and doing whatever it is you do when you've been down here for a long time and are begining to grow crazy. Some from my left, some to my right. It is so dark down here I don't even know what they look like. But from the sounds they all seem male. Maybe they are all the men who wronged the prince. Especially in the women department.

A guard finally came down after about three hours. I was so hopeful I actually believed he was going to get me out of here. I thought I was just down here as punishment for having Brooke first. But no, he just slid a plate of food and a cup of water under the gate.

"Eat up. It's steak and fish and leftover cake from the Royal Ball. You will be eating good tonight, even if you have to eat on the floor." Then he walks off, and I am left watching him leave me.

I eat slowly, savoring every taste. He was right, I was eating pretty good. I pushed my back up against the wall and put the plate on my lap. It took me about an hour to finish, though usually a meal this small would only take me about fifteen minutes.

When I am done, I look out the window. The sky has grown darker than it was before. I feel like I'm going a little crazy now. All I can think about is Brooke. What is she doing? Is she having fun with that monster? Has she moved on from me? All the thinking gives me a headache, and after a while I figure all I can really do is sleep. It's not like I can do anything else down here. So I lay on the bed, and sleep.