Ayden

As I sit through my math clas, all that's on my mind is the new girl, Brooklyn. She seems so different from all the other girls here. She doesn't care about what she's wearing or pleasing anyone. She's reserved, but I plan on figuring her out. After all, everyone needs a friend.

"Hey Ayden, did you see the new girl? I saw her in the hallway before school. She's pretty hot!" Peter, my best friend since kindergarden, said.

Oh great, as kind hearted as he is, he always thinks with his balls. He isn't exactly a player, he is faithful in his relationships, and sex isn't the reason he breaks up with girls, but he does expect them to put out quickly. I know I've only known Brooke for about an hour and a half, but she doesn't seem the type to go for him. I hope. I quickly debated wether to just tell him I have a few classes with her, and thought better of putting it off. I figure he'd just find out eventually and be mad at me for never saying anything.

"Well, yeah. I have first period with her, and third and fourth tomorrow. I also have lunch with her every day." I tried not to sound so excited by the fact, just shrug it off and hope it goes in one ear, out the other with Pete.

"No way! And we have lunch together today! I guess we will see her in," he looks at the clock, "thirty minutes." there's a big grin on his face now. Great, hopefully she won't be fazed by him.

When the bell rings, Pete jumps out of his seat and says, "So, how do we find her so we can be sure she sits by us?"

"She's actually just next door."

"Oh sweet!"

We step into the hallway when the bell rings and are quickly thrown into the crowd of people. I look around, hoping I didn't miss her. Then I spot her. "Hey, Brooke!"

"So that's her name. Hot."

She turns around and walks over slowly, clutching her books to her chest.

"You can sit with us in lunch. This is Pete by the way," I tell her.

"Yeah," Pete says. "Let me take your books." He reaches out for them and she pulls away.

"No thanks, I am perfectly capable of holding my own books-"

Before she can even continue, her books are already out of her hands and in Pete's. Now all she's holding is her tan purse.

"Great." I hear her mumbling.

Wow, she really doesn't like making friends, or people for that matter. No bother, I'll figure her out in time.

"There will be other people including a few girls at the table. One of them is my ex, but I just want to point out we aren't a thing. Now, right this way, gorguous."

Oh yeah, Pete definitely makes himself too available.