She's My Dragon Too

Katherine POV

'How stupid could she be?! How idiotic and careless could one person be?!' I thought to myself as I watched everyone walk away. I didn't really understand if I was talking about Juvia or Serena, either way the thought was still accurate.

"She isn't thinking clearly." Gramps spoke as he took the empty seat across from me. "So you can't blame her for her actions."

"Gramps you don't even know who I am thinking about." I gave the old man a look that would make any normal person run, be he didn't even flinch.

"You're thinking about Juvia and your sister." He responded calmly, not even acknowledging the glare I was throwing at him. "And even if you're thinking about one and not the other, the case is the same for both. Your sister is ridden with grief, she has been convinced of your death and has been poisoned in a way that no one would have thought possible."

"But this isn't her nature! She would never consciously start a war, she would never harm anything or anyone without first investigating!" I fought, trying to defend my sister but my words weren't even convincing me.

"My dear, she isn't herself so you can't blame her for any of this." The master continued. "As for Juvia, I think you can guess why she is upset. The person she loves is in danger and the only way to save him is to put him into even greater danger, and the only person that can save him is the sister of someone who is dangerous. Do you see why she is upset my dear?"

"I guess so, but he doesn't even like her that way." I complained, this time I was intentionally digging holes in the story. "Why would she be so worried about someone who doesn't see them in the same light?"

"Now that my dear I can't answer, it's something you have to find out on your own." The master gave me a mysterious wink, I felt like I was missing his point but I shrugged it off. "Now off you go child, it's time to put your plan into action. And for your sisters sake....I hope it works."

I nodded to the old man before stalking off towards the door. This had to work, my plan couldn't fail. If I was to bring Serena back there was no other option. As I neared the door I started searching around for Grey, in my anger to get away from Juvia I had forgotten that he was the major part in this.

"He's waiting for you at the gates." Mira's soft voice whispered in my ear. "Take care, and don't worry too much. I am confident in him, and you should be too."

I didn't turn around to face Mira, I couldn't let her see my expression; especially when I knew it wasn't hopeful. "It's not him I don't have confidence in, it's myself and my sister that I am worried about." I continued on without another word.

I walked out swiftly. Not that I was in any real rush to meet my sister, but because I just wanted to get my portion of the job underway. The faster this was over, the faster I could come home and cry about it. When I came to the outer gate of the guild hall, Grey was leaning casually as if the wall needed extra support.

"Did you wait long?" I asked as I got into his earshot.

"No, I came out while master was talking to you about me and Juvia." Grey responded, I couldn't help but wince. I wasn't in pain, it was more of a shame thing.

"You heard that?" I questioned sheepishly.

"You know you don't have a quiet voice Katherine." Eric flew up from behind Grey. "Unless you really try, you are not quiet."

"Eric?!" I jumped at the presence of my sister's cat. "You can't come! Go back into the guild hall now."

"No." Eric's facial expression was flat, he wasn't being his usual goofy self, he was being serious.