I'm Not Dead!

Katherine POV

She was different, she wasn't the same sister that I grew up with. There was a darkness to her it was scary. Something had sapped all the lightness out of her soul, something had changed her and it was almost like she was a totally different person. Everything from the way she stood to the way she talked was different. There was a dark attitude that I had never seen before, and a willingness to kill. I looked up at Eric, and I could tell she was scaring him just as much as she was scaring me. What could have happened to her?

"Serena!" I yelled, hating the silence between us.

"I'm sorry who?" For the first time since she jumped out of the tree she looked at me, but her eyes were dark. "Oh my old name, no I go by Dark Heart now. The day my sister died, is the day Serena died. Now no more chit chat, because I would rather start kicking all your butts now."

"What do you mean when I died?!" I yelled, now stepping in front of the entire group. "I am right here....in front of your face! I thought you had died."

"You did a good job Grey, this ice creation of my sister is almost flawless." She grabbed my chin and took a close look at me. "But her eyes are too sad, and her spirit isn't quite cheery enough."

"Did you miss what I just said?!" I demanded pulling my chin away from her hands. "I thought you were dead! I have been living with the thought of you being dead for three days....THREE DAYS!"

"Yeah whatever." She rolled her eyes at me before turning away. "My sister is dead, she is gone. Nothing will ever make me think otherwise."

"Why?" Erza's voice scared me, I was so focused on my sister's words and what they meant.

"Why what?" Serena questioned with such a poison in her voice that could have killed someone.

"Why are your feelings so strong about this?" Erza pushed further. "Who made you feel this way, so strongly, that you won't listen to anything anyone else says?"

"Why don't I trust any of you?" She turned her attention off of me, and I couldn't believe how much relief washed over me when she moved towards Erza. "It is because of you people that my only family was taken from me, it is your fault that my only friend has seemed to turn against me. That's right Eric I know you're here. And it is because of you people that my newest companion lost his only friend. So sorry if I don't trust you, but you guys don't seem to care who you kill or how you do it. You don't care if it's by hire or not, you just kill whomever you please."

"What do you mean we kill whomever we want?" Erza was still surprisingly calm, but I could see Grey and Natsu getting angry with my sisters accusations.

"You were hired to take us to town, but you all decided that we didn't need to live. You changed your plan from take us in, to slaughtering us." I started to see the skies darken as her mood turned grim. "Who do you guys think you are, God? You don't get to choose who gets to live or die, you shouldn't have been able to choose whether my sister and I should die. But because you wanted to play God, my sister is dead, and I am all alone with no family left."

"I am not dead!" I shouted, but I felt that my words weren't getting to her, like she wasn't listening to anything I had to say. "I am right here, and I am very much alive! I am breathing and talking and....and....and....I AM NOT DEAD!" I don't know what I was trying to accomplish with unleashing my mini snow storm, but the look of shock on her face was worth it.

"That....that snow." Serena was looking at the scene almost mesmerized. "No one....not even a maker magic wizard could....those are frost flakes...."