Water and Ice Above All

Serena POV

Four years, that amount of time didn't seem as long as it had while it past. While the four years were happening, it felt like it was never going to end; every day was a battle with myself. I always wanted to run away, to swim to the bottom of the sea and cry my eyes out, sometimes I thought about never coming up again. But my sister, my sister has always been my rock. She brings me back up from the depths and she leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside.

"Serena, are you lost in thought again?" Katherine's voice rang out beside me, and I shot out of my train of thought. I looked over at her and smiled.

"Yeah I was, are you ready to try this again?" I asked making myself a pair of magnificent dragon water wings.

"I don't know what if I fail again?" She looked so nervous and cute, it was honestly adorable.

"Come on, you're sixteen now." I gave her the most attitude that I could muster. "I learned this skill when I was four, and mastered it when I was five. You can do this, I know you can."

Penelope was beside her nodding lightly. Penelope Was Katherine's cat, but she was born as a blind mute which was the complete opposite of her twin brother Eric. Eric my is cat, although he never seemed to shut up some times. I loved him anyways; he was always there for me, as much as he could that is.

"Hey it's not my fault!" She fought. "You're more advanced than I am!" I could almost see the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Haha, yeah yeah flattery won't get you out of the flying lesson this time." I smiled devilishly at her, I may never admit it, but flattery always made me feel like I was queen of the dragon world. "Now, create your wings. Remember not to heavy and not too light. You can do this."

"Right, I got it." She whipped away some tears that had formed on her eyes. I watched as her ice magic swirled around and created two mystifying ice dragon wings. "H-How are these?" She chirped nervously.

"They are your best ones you have made yet." I smiled proudly at my sister; she was getting so big and learning so much. Who knew that I would be the one to teach her so much?

"Okay so....now we just jump?" She questioned walking out the front door.

"HAHA!" I laughed pulling her back in. "You're not jumping off that tiny ledge. We're going to the top!"

"WHAAAAT?!" Katherine exclaimed, trying to get away from my hold. "NO! I am not jumping off the roof of this house! I am not going through with this! You can't make me!"

As I was dragging her, I felt a small tug on my ankle. I looked down and Penelope was pulling me. Even though she was blind, this cat always seemed to know where we were and what was going on. I had to hand it to her, she had spunk. I pulled her off with my free hand and wrapped her under my shoulder. Why did they both think she was going to die? I wouldn't let my own sister die! That's crazy!

"Please let me go Serena! I don't want to die today. I want to live to seventeen!" She complained squirming around in my arm.

"Do you really think I would kill you?" I gave her a killer glare that instantly made her go still. "Honestly what kind of sister do you think I am anyway?!"

___________________________

Natsu POV

"The Siren Dragons?" I hadn't meant to say the question out loud, but it was too late to take it back now.

"Yes the Siren Dragons." The mayor of the town was completely serious, though I couldn't tell if that was his natural demeanor or if his seriousness was brought on by the situation. "I guess I should start from the beginning....