Not My Type

Gray POV

It had felt like forever since I was last inside the guild hall, with everything that had happened in the last week I almost felt like we were never going to be back here. Having to save Natsu from the train was a job in itself, but with Katherine there and her wings it was easier than chasing after the train. The visit with Sting and Rouge went alright; they weren't too impressed with what Cobra had in store for the magic community but really who would be? I know it had me on edge, I didn't like that he was planning to rip down everything our community stood for.

"Gray?" Eric voice startled me as he flew over to where I was sitting in the guild hall. "Can....can I join you?" The little exceed seemed to be very attached to me. He must have been really lost without Serena, I know Happy is similar if Natsu and he are ever separated.

"I don't see why not, do you want something to eat buddy?" I gestured to the surface beside me and watched as he slowly hovered before finally touching down on the table top.

"It's quite alright Gray I know how to catch and prepare my own food, but thank you kindly for the offer." He bowed his head politely before he sat down on the table.

"Oh don't be silly little Kitty," Mira was right in front of us with a plate full of fish, "This is on the house, please eat up."

"Thank you very much for the food, I think I will share with my sister if you could excuse me." He bowed slightly and flew off towards the lounge where Katherine and Penelope were resting and taking everything in.

"The poor little guy, not just losing Serena once but twice. It has to be hard on him." Mira shook her head, and I could hear a faint amount of sadness entering into her voice.

"What do you mean?" I questioned as I watched Eric fly around Katherine, who was trying her best to be amused by what he was saying.

"Well if you think about it, he watched her die." Mira continued as she laughed at the little cat. "Then after he thought she was dead she was back, but she wasn't the same. Serena is now a completely different person and we have no way to get her back to the way she was when he knew her the best. And we have to view the option where she may never be the way she was before."

"Yeah that is sad, but I am sure that we can figure out something." I lowered my head down "We're Fairy Tail; we have an odd talent of figuring out the impossible."

"You're right Gray; it's good to have that positive attitude in a situation such as this." Mira smiled down at me. "He is growing on you huh?"

"Yeah, they all are." I smiled back. "I just wish I could help Eric feel better, that much pain in a little body...."

"I know it's hard, but everything will work out in the end....." Mira trailed off as the two exceeds came flying closer and started chowing down on the fish. She moved over to my shoulder and whispered one last thing before moving on. "I am sure of it."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Mira; she was a unique character that always knew just what to say to cheer someone up. Always warm and light, even when everything seemed dark or if it felt like the whole world was being pulled out from under your feet. As I was appreciating the inspiring words of Mira, I could feel a cold shadow watching over me.

"Gray my love, what did Mira whisper into your ear?" Juvia was hiding behind one of the guild halls pillars, handkerchief in her mouth.

"It doesn't matter Juvia, and I am not your love in anyway." Juvia had really been annoying since the adventure with the Siren dragons. She has been super clingy and doesn't want even Natsu around me, which creeps me right out. "Why don't you just go a leave me alone already? I don't need you hanging all over me today."