Sirens From Above

Grey POV

As the song ended, I felt like it was echoing inside my ears. This was crazy, creatures that could control people with their voice. The very thought sent shivers down my spine, that never happened to me. I looked around and watched as the other guys snapped out of their trances. Natsu was the last one to come back to us, and he for some reason was incredibly upset.

"Ahh! Someone was messing with my brain!" He complained running his hands frantically through his hair. "Man this is such a weird feeling! It's like they have control."

"Dude chill out, its not like they are still singing or anything." I shot at him, standing calmly a few feet away from him.

"That was actually a really weird feeling." Wendy commented. "I agree when Natsu says it feels like they were in my brain. It was almost as if the song itself was implanting instructions into my brain."

"Wait!" Carla exclaimed flying out of the hotel. "Wendy, are you saying that you felt the effects of the song?" Her tone was full of worry and wonder, which is an odd combination.

"Well yeah....didn't everybody?" Wendy now had panic seeping into her voice, Carla was good in most situations, but if she didn't know was going on she usually brought Wendy to a panic.

"No child, usually only men can hear the call of a Siren." Carla shook her head.

"Sirens are mythical creatures that were created to lure sailing men to their death. Usually they are also very attractive, and with that and their voice it is very easy for them to lure men into the depths of the ocean." Natsu yawned as Carla gave her mini lesson on Sirens.

"That is just freaky." Lucy commented, showing over exaggerated chills.

"Why am I the only girl to be effected?!" Wendy shrieked, catching all our attentions and putting the conversation back on track.

"Wendy brings up a good question." Erza popped in, nodding her head. "I have no idea why though."

"Enough talking!" Natsu exploded. "We can talk about this weird situation later, right now we need to go and end the problem at hand!"

"And how do you pla-Where the hell did he go?!" The mayor was back in the conversation.

"Come back here you idiot!" I yelled running after Natsu. Soon the entire team was following. Everyone that was called to the city, and those who weren't, had all worked with Natsu at one point or another. "We should make a plan first!"

"Why plan when you can just punch things?" He questioned turning his smiling face towards me. He was such a stubborn fool.

"Aye Sir!"Happy speed past me so he could fly beside Natsu as he stormed towards the shore.

"We're going to leave you in the dust Grey!" Wendy nagged as she shot past with Carla at her side.

"When did this become a race?" I questioned to myself as I kept my pace.

"It's always a race with you people. Gez man, I am knew and even I knew that." Gajeel laughed at me as he and Pantherlilly both passed me.

"Ha, guess I should have seen that one coming." I laughed as I speed up.

I passed the two people that had passed me earlier, and I managed to get to the shore second. The only person that I would ever be okay losing to was Natsu, but I would never tell him that. I looked around the beach but I couldn't seem to find Natsu or Happy. I knew I hadn't passed them, there was no way when he already had such a lead. The others gathered behind me slowly and they started looking too.