Chapter 24: Everything I Want

"I brought the vodka, who brought the turkey?" I scream as I enter Olivia's apartment, a team mate of mine.

"I did but it probably isn't even that good" Jokes Rebecca

It was thanksgiving and I was spending it with my teammates. These girls were just as much family as my brother and parents, who were spending this holiday together.

I'm sure all of us would prefer to be with our families, who we haven't seen since the semester started but we had a tourney tomorrow so leaving Chicago wasn't an option for any of us except our backup goalie, Camila, whose family lived here in Chicago.

"I just set up beer pong in the back room" Olivia says as she emerges into the living room. All the girls are sitting on the coach or standing around with a beer bottle in there hands.

I grab one out of the cooler and take a seat next to Rebecca.

"Hey there future Mrs.Kane" She whispers so the whole team, who doesn't know, doesn't hear.

"Not even a little funny" I roll my eyes

"No update for me?" She smirks. Just than I find myself blushing, remembering Patrick showing up to the game a week ago.

"He may or may not have invited me to a New Years Eve party as his date"

"Get out!" She scream whispers.

"Shhh!" I hush her.

"Dinner time bitches!" Olivia screams as she lifts a glass of wine in the air, it's only 6:30 and she's already wasted.

"That's enough for you right now" Julia laughs as she takes the glass from her hand. "Lets go eat"

The team gathers in the dinning room area where a few extra tables and chairs have been set up. Now most of the girls on the team couldn't cook, but the few that did prepared dinner for tonight. Spread across the table was turkey, corn, mashed potatoes, lasagna, and few boxes of pizza incase the turkey didn't work out.

Each girl stacked their plates with food, it's how hockey players were; we ate a lot. It seemed that only after an hour that the whole table was clear of food, and everyone was leaning back with a stuffed stomach.

"We're not done yet, I baked a pie" Joked Julie, who really couldn't even boil water, let alone cook a pie. When she emerged from the kitchen, making the whole team burst into laughter. In her hand she held a tin with all the ingredients to make a pie with inside.

"I think you're out for beer pong" I joke with her as the team starts to make its way to the back room.

The team sets up the cups and we all choose our sides, except me. I sit out on the side watching the girls fail horribly as they attempt to throw the ball into the solo cups.

I take a moment to realize that this is literally my last year with all of them. Next year I don't know who I'll be with for thanksgiving, hell, I don't even know where I'll be. It's crazy to me how fast things are going to change as soon as I graduate.

I didn't want to move back home, I hated Springfield. It was lifeless, rumors and gossip spread like wildfire in that town. I didn't want to go back to living under my parents roof and having to obey there rules. I treasured my freedom here. I mean if my mother found out my team was this drunk right now, she'd be furious. She's always been old fashioned that way... Don't even get me started on how I convinced her to let me dorm.

As for Dad, he was easy going. He understood that they went through a lot for my brother and that the same needed to be done with me. He supports my decision to dorm, says I'll learn a lot from it.

But just moving back home with them makes me cringe. I want to stay in Chicago, I want to become part of this city.