Chapter 19: Unpleasent Suprise

She was only down for a few seconds but it as enough too send Patrick's heart into his stomach. But as quickly as she went down was as quickly as she got up. From the stands Patrick could see the frustration in her as she was escorted to the locker room for a concussion test.Patrick began questioning his appearance at the game. He knew the word of his appearance had made it to the players and from the whispers in the crowd it seemed as if they had played better before he showed up.

Chicago Uni would go on to loose the game and as Patrick looked at the scout he had brought to scope out Ella, he could see the disappointment in his face."Patrick, you know I do not like my time to be wasted" He uttered rudely before turning on his heel and leaving.With a heavy heart Patrick made his way to the women's locker room where he patiently waited outside. As he waited he pulled out his grey beanie and covered his hair and forehead with it. He closed his trench coat in hopes of not being recognized by any of the girls that would be coming out.It was a long wait but eventually Ella came out. A look of pure disappointment on her face. She wore her teams logo on a black sweatshirt and her hair was damp from the shower she must have took, it was even longer when it was wet.

"Ella" Patrick called, catching her by surprise.

"You are really ruining your first chance" She snapped, the hues of green in her eyes now vanished.

"Huh?"

"Why did you come today? You being here distracted all the girls, you cost us the game"

"I just wanted to see your first game, I never meant to do any harm" Patrick's voice was shaky like he had never heard before. Something about Ella made him coward, he knew all to well that she was stronger mentally than him.

"Well you cost us the game. I wasn't suppose to see you till later"

"How's your head?" Patrick questioned, his main concern was her and her well being.

"I'm fine" She mumbled under her breath as she continued walking. Patrick followed behind her like a little puppy. He wasn't sure if his appearance at the game would affect his plans to win her over tonight.

"Patrick!" Ella snapped as she turned to look at Patrick

"Ella I'm really sorry, we still-"

"Have tonight and by the looks of it, it might be the only thing we have" With that Patrick watched her exit the ice house through the glass doors. He shook his head in dismay as he headed out to his truck. For a few minutes he sat there listening to the heater of his car rattle. Eventually he pulled the car out of the parking lot and drove himself back home where he would get ready and attempt to win over Ella.

But maybe that was the problem, Ella couldn't be won over.

It was seven oclock on the dot when Patrick pulled his white hummer up to Ella's building. With a deep breath he got out and headed to her door. With a light knock, he waited for her to answer. When she answered and appeared in the doorway Patrick was at a lost for words.Her luscious locks where set free, falling and framing her skinny face. She was wearing more makeup than Patrick had ever seen her wear. The black that lined her eyes made the hazel coloring become even more prominent. Blue eyes were something special but to Patrick, they could never be compared to her hazel eyes. Ella wore high waisted black jeans with a black off the shoulder crop top. She was taller than normal for she wore black heels with red bottoms, expensive.

"Ella" Patrick smiled at the sound of her name

"You look incredible"Her cheeks turn pink and Patrick notices as she bites down on her bottom lip.

"You look great" She compliments him back but in Patrick's mind comparing him to her was like a rock to diamond.