Chapter 10: Fantasies

"No way! No way!" Rebecca squealed before stuffing another spoonful of cookie dough ice cream into her mouth.

"Yes way!" I yell back at her.

"Wait wait so Patrick Kane fell asleep on this couch?" She questions, her eyes widening when she realized that he actually was on this couch.

"Ella you are the luckiest girl in the world!" She practically yells. I pick up the neon pink fluffy pillow from behind me and chuck it at her in hopes of shutting her up.

"He also gave me flowers but I highly doubt I'll be seeing him again" I roll my eyes. When Patrick left yesterday morning there was something off. I may not have know that man very long but he seemed almost guilty. Like there was guilt in him for crashing at my place.

"What's this?" Rebecca questions pulling a Rolex watch from between the couch cushion.

"Must be Patrick's" I say as I examine it.

"Ooo! Now you have a reason to call him" She winks at me before snatching the watch from my hands.

"I don't even have his number" I say as I snatch it back. I'll just keep it here for safe keeping" I place the watch inside my desk drawer and slam it shut.

"God the team is gonna love this story!" She grins devilishly. "You and Patrick Kane! Could you imagine that? You guys would have the cutest kids! The cutest hockey relationship!" She squeals once more.

"You read to much fanfiction" I hit her with another pillow.

That next morning I found myself heading to the rink remarkably early. Carrying an expensive Rolex watch in my hockey bag, I pushed open the arena doors.

It was the last Hawks practice at Johnny's ice house for the month. The arena swarmed in Hawks shirts. The rink they were practicing in was full but I managed to squeeze in. I watched the Hawks practice unseen from Patrick.

After I planned to catch him outside the locker room and hand him his watch back. After talking to Rebecca and hearing all her fantasies she had in her head, I didn't really know what Patrick would say to seeing me again.

After practice I stood down the hall, resting against the wall while fumbling with the watch. A blonde with sky high heels managed to make her way right to the locker room door where she tapped her heel anxiously.

She was clearly in a rush to meet somebody.

Soon the door shifted open and out came Patrick. His blonde curls were hidden under his Hawks baseball cap.

"Pa-" I begin to say but quickly shut myself up when I see him kiss the blonde woman.

"Good practice babe" She manages to say. Patrick looks up and down the hall where he sees me. His little charity case.

"Ella" He mumbles, causing the women to turn and look at me. I begin to walk the other way, I wanted away from this embarrassment. I had let Rebecca's fantasizes over ride reality and now I was beyond embarrassed.

I stormed out of the arena, but when I reached the athletes parking lot I could hear Patrick desperately calling my name. Eventually he caught up to me just as I made my way to my car.

"Ella" he pants "What are you-- doing here?"

"Just wanted to give you this" I hand him his watch back "Good day Mr.Kane" I mumbled to him before getting in my car and speeding out the parking lot. I could see him in my rear view mirrors as he held the watch in his hand.