Mary Scarlett Salvatore

Elena's POV:

"Happy birthday, Elena," Damon's voice whispered close to my face. I smiled then groaned and rolled over putting my back to him. I felt something warm on my stomach.

"She's not going anywhere, Damon. You don't have to constantly check on her," I grinned to myself.

"I'm not touching your stomach," I could hear the smirk in his voice. My eyes popped open and I sat up abruptly.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed then saw what it was. A midnight black kitten with blue eyes was softly kneading part of the covers. It looked up at me and mewed softly. Around its neck was a white bow. "Oh Damon!" I picked it up. "She's so cute!"

"He actually." I nuzzled him to my face and he batted at my hair. I giggled then sat him on my huge stomach. Katherine and I were now both 8 and a half months pregnant and the excitement was growing. Damon and I laughed as the kitten gently smacked my stomach at the spot where Stella kicked.

"I love you," I whispered to Damon. I took in his features and couldn't believe he was mine. His raven black hair was messy as usual. His crystal blue eyes that were always a mystery to me were studying me. His soft lips were pulled up in his famous smirk that always made my heart jump. One of his black eyebrows was pulled up while the other was motionless. His pale skin always gave off sparks between us when he touched me.

"What?" Damon smirked.

"Nothing."

He chuckled softly,"Get dressed. You've got a big day ahead."

"Oh god," I groaned. "What did you do."

He fake pouted,"Oh come on. Have some faith, Elena."

I rolled my eyes then got out of bed and went to the closet. The kitten mewed in protest then curled up on the bed. I chose a long white and yellow sun dress that flowed perfectly over my giant belly. I chose some white flats then brushed my hair.

"All of that's not necessary," Damon came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach.

"I know, but it makes me feel better."

I felt him press his face into my hair then smile,"Come on. I want to show you something."

He released me except my hand and lead me out the door and down the hall to the room that was between his and Stefan's rooms. I never really noticed it and assumed it was just a spare bedroom. Damon let go of my hand and then opened the door slowly. I gasped. What I saw was so amazing.

I stepped inside and took everything in. It was a nursery. The walls were painted a pastel green and against one wall stood the crib I had wanted a few months back. On the opposite wall stood the crib Katherine had wanted which was similar to mine. A mobile hung over each crib. A matching white changing table stood against the back wall. A pink and white rug covered the middle of the floor and several large stuffed animals stood guard in a corner. A homemade bookshelf stood in the corner with the stuffed animals. It was filled with many children's books and some toys. A single door I assumed lead to the closet, stood close to me. Last but not least S T E L L A and S C A R L E T T were above the cribs.

"It's beautiful," I whispered through my tears.

"Stefan and I have been working on it for a while," Damon smiled. "We went with green because at the time we didn't know what we were having."

I heard a gasp behind me and turned to see Katherine and Stefan. I ran to Katherine and gave her a hug as best I could since our stomachs got in the way.

"Isn't it amazing?" I smiled. Katherine nodded as she took in everything. I released Katherine then glanced at Stefan. He was looking down at his feet slightly embarrassed.