Unexpected Surprise

~4 Weeks Later~

Elena's POV:

I felt the nausea again so I jumped out the bed, and ran for the bathroom. This was the 6th morning in a row that this has happened and both Damon and I were getting concerned.

"Again?" Damon asked as he came in.

"Yeah. I don't know wha-" I threw up again. Damon held my hair away from my face as I vomited up what was left in my stomach.

"Maybe we should see a doctor."

"We?" I sat back shakily.

"Yes we. I'm going with you."

"I think I can manage thanks," I replied and stood up. "Nope." I bent down and threw up some more. I leaned my head against the wall and waited. After a few minutes, I figured it was safe and stood up again.

"Come on. I'm driving." Damon took hold of my wrist.

"Damon, I'm going alone and that's final." He gave me a doubtful look then very reluctantly released my wrist.

I brushed my teeth then got dressed and grabbed my keys off of the night stand. As I went downstairs and got in the car, a small voice in the back of my head made me wonder something. I silently counted the number of days it's been since my monthly and I felt my heart stop. I counted again to be sure.

I immediately pulled into a gas station and shut the car off. This wasn't possible. I slowly got out of the car and went inside. I traveled down the aisles until I found the pregnancy tests. I knew how to use them because I read the instructions with Jenna when she thought she was pregnant which she was.

I picked one and took it to the cashier to pay for it. She smiled at me when she saw it. "Who's the lucky new daddy?"

I felt my throat go dry,"His name's Damon."

She handed the test back to me and I headed straight for the bathroom. I followed the instructions then found myself waiting in the car. I was supposed to wait 3 minutes. It felt like 3 hours. I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel nervously.

What was I going to do if I was pregnant? What would Damon say? Would he leave? 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. It was time.

I turned the stick over and two pink lines stared up at me mockingly. My assumptions were right. I was pregnant.

I stuck the stick in my purse and cranked the car. I was going to go to the doctor just to make sure. I drove for at least 30 minutes processing the high possibility that I was going to be a mom. I parked and then walked in. I signed in at the desk then waited patiently.

"Elena Gilbert?" A nurse called. I stood up and followed her into a room where an ultrasound machine was set up.

"Hello, Elena," An elderly looking man greeted me. "I'm Doctor Blake. I'll be your Doctor throughout your pregnancy."

"Hi," I replied as I shook his hand. "Hop up on that table for me and pull up your shirt a little." I obeyed and he rubbed some kind of blue gel on my stomach. As he searched around my stomach with the wand, he asked,"So who's the daddy to be?"

"Damon Salvatore."

"That's a name I haven't heard in a while," Doctor Blake commented. "Aha. Right there." He pointed to a image on the grainy screen. "That's your baby."

I looked at where he was pointing and my heart swelled. You couldn't really see much, but you could tell something was there.

"You seem to be at least a month along." I nodded and then heard him type on his keyboard. The sound of a printer started up and he handed me a picture of my baby. Doctor Blake wiped the gel off my stomach then lead me back to the front desk. "I'd like to see you again in a month or two."