Engaged To The Devil

Elena's POV:

"Hello, Elena," Rebekah said in her heavy British accent.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Relax. I'm not here for you."

My body calmed down a bit after she said that, but I wasn't entirely convinced. "Then why are you here?"

"It's a restaurant, Elena. I'm here with my date. Now if you excuse me, I need to freshen up a bit," She bumped my shoulder as she went past.

Confused, I walked back to the table where Damon was sitting. I glanced at the wine bottle to see that over half of it was gone and it had been almost full when I left. "You weren't kidding when you said you loved alcohol."

He took a sip of his wine then looked at me,"Are you ok?"

I lowered my voice to a whisper,"Rebekah's here."

"What?!" He hissed.

"She said she was here with a date."

Damon scanned the crowded restaurant with his crystal blue eyes. I saw them stop and I followed his gaze. A growl was audible deep in his throat. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I saw who Rebekah was with.

"Stefan," Damon growled. "On a date with the devil herself."

"No. She must have compelled him."

He laughed,"Rebekah compelling herself a date. Sounds like her."

As we watched, they were talking when Stefan suddenly got down on one knee.

"What the hell is he doing??" Damon hissed.

I saw Stefan take a black velvet box out of his pocket and then he opened it. The ring was beautiful. It made me wonder if he had bought that for me. I saw Rebekah nod, agreeing to become Stefan's wife. When she hugged him she turned and looked directly at me. When she did, she gave me her snotty evil smile. How could he? How could he ask the woman who wanted me dead to marry him?

"Two can play at this game," Damon growled. He got down on one knee. "Elena-"

"Get up," I snapped at him and he obeyed.

Rebekah's POV:

Seeing the pain in Elena's pathetic eyes pleased me. She wasn't as pretty as the other doppelgängers. I remembered them all. I remembered each and every one of their faces.

"Rebekah, Love, did you hear me?" Stefan grabbed my hand snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something."

Stefan's eyebrows furrowed as his thumb rubbed circles on top my hand. "I said Klaus is going to be pleased."

"Who cares about Klaus. He's the reason my mother's dead." I glared at Elena who was cutting into a piece of chicken. I gritted my teeth as I heard her laugh at one of Damon's stupid jokes.

"Rebekah, why are you so distracted tonight?" Stefan followed my gaze. I sensed him stiffen next to me as he layed his eyes on his pathetic ex girlfriend. "What is she doing here? And with Damon?" He growled.

"They're on a date, Stefan. Like us. Only my night is much better than hers. She didn't just get engaged," I pecked him on the cheek.

He looked warily at Damon and Elena once more than looked at me and smiled. "You're right. Our night is better than theirs. But," He smiled mischievously at me. "It could get even better." I returned the smile as Stefan grabbed the sleeve of a passing waiter. "You are to go over there to that couple and continuously mess with the girl," Stefan compelled him.

We clinked our glasses together as the waiter went to do what he was told.