Tears

Katherine's POV:

"Elena!" Damon sped next to her. "Elena, Elena no no no!"

I couldn't move. I was in so much shock that I was staring off at nothing. Only the shaking of my shoulders and Stefan's worried voice broke me from my trance. "Katherine! Katherine, are you ok?"

"I'm fine," I choked out. "Elena saved her."

"Saved who?" Stefan asked softly.

"Scarlett. She saved our Scarlett."

Stefan grew silent, but hugged me tightly to him. I glanced at Elena to see that a puddle of blood was forming underneath her. My throat burned and I felt the veins start to crawl dangerously down my face.

"Kath, no!" Stefan shook me. "Look at me!" I looked at him and felt the tears start to stream down my face. "Stay here and don't move. I'm going to help Elena," He instructed.

I nodded and he rushed over to Damon who was sobbing Elena's name over and over again. "Damon!" Stefan tried to get his brother's attention. "Damon, listen to me!"

"We have to save her! We have to save them!" Damon bit his wrist and attempted to put it to Elena's lips.

"Damon, no! We don't know what it would do to the baby!" Stefan yanked his arm away. "We need to get her to Meredith!"

"Meredith," Damon repeated then scooped Elena up in his arms.

"Be careful," Stefan warned. "Come on, Kath."

I stood up and followed them out the door, but as soon as I got outside I took off into the darkness. Stefan was yelling after me then I heard some profanity. He'll forgive me later. I knew someone other than doctor know it all that could save Elena and her baby's lives.

Damon's POV:

"Elena, hold on. Just hold on, Lanabug," I begged as I ran trying to not jostle her too much.

"They're going to be okay, Damon," Stefan tried to reassure me.

"Please, Elena," I ignored him. "You've got to hold on for me. For our daughter." We finally got to the hospital where Meredith worked the night shift. "Meredith!" I yelled and heard my voice echo down the hallways. "Meredith, where are you?!"

"Damon, what's wrong?!" Meredith ran toward me, her stethoscope hitting her chest.

"Elena," I sobbed.

"Oh my god," She whispered. "Bring her in here quickly!"

We rushed into a room and I laid Elena on a operating table. Meredith quickly stripped off Elena's shirt leaving Elena in her bra. A strangling noise escaped Stefan's throat.

"Oh grow up!" I hissed at him.

Meredith was in full doctor mode as she examined the puncture marks. She then got a miniature ultra sound machine and moved the wand all around Elena's stomach. My daughter's faint heart beat filled the room.

"Oh god," I sobbed.

"Have you given her any blood?" Meredith asked.

"No. We didn't know if it would harm the baby," Stefan answered.

"All it would do is heal the both of them. If you're going to do it, I suggest doing it quickly because the baby's heart beat is weak."

I flashed to the edge of the table and bit my wrist. I then forced it to her lips hoping I wasn't too late. I tilted Elena's head up so it would go down her throat. "Elena, don't leave me," I kissed the top of her head.

"It's working," Meredith sighed relieved. "Her wounds are healing."

I looked down to see the puncture wounds close up leaving two small scars. "Thank god," I closed my eyes to try to stop the tears.

I moved her into another room and placed her in a hospital bed. I kissed Elena again and again while I kept one hand on her stomach. I couldn't believe I had almost lost both of them. The two most precious things that mattered the most to me.

Elena's POV:

My eyelids slowly fluttered open and I took in my surroundings. I gave a small sigh and got the attention of whoever was beside me.

"Hey," Damon said softly and cupped my cheek in one hand as he stroked it with his thumb.

"Hey," I smiled and put my hand over his.

"How are you feeling, Lanabug?"

"F-ugh!" A sudden wave of pain hit me in my stomach. Damon quickly sat up full of worry.

"Meredith!" He bellowed as he took my hand. I squeezed it as a second wave hit making me flinch. I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position and die!

Meredith rushed in followed by Stefan and I could tell she already knew what was wrong. "Oh god. It's too early for this," She got in her doctor mode.

"Too early for what?!" Damon yelled. I bit my lip hard as another wave hit. Tears started to escape my eyes.

"You're in labor, Elena. Rebekah must have tore the amniotic sac when she attacked you."

"No! I can't have the baby yet!" I screamed.

Damon crawled in the bed with me and softly stroked my stomach,"Please, Princess. You're not ready to meet Mommy and Daddy yet. You have to stay put for a little while longer." My heart melted seeing the distraught look on his face.

"Isn't there something you can do?" Stefan asked softly. I flinched as another sharp pain hit.

"I can't do anything. Her labor's already too far progressed and the baby wouldn't survive this early. I'm sorry."

I let loose the tears and cried into Damon's shoulder. We were going to lose the one thing that meant so much to the both of us.

"Stella, sweetie, please," Damon begged even though he knew it wouldn't do any good. "You can't come yet."

"Stella?" I whispered.

"Our Stella Rose," He gave a sad sweet smile.

"So beautiful," I kissed Damon, my lips wet with tears. He put his forehead against mine and looked at me. I bit my lip again as I felt the pain.

"I love you, Elena," Damon whispered hoarsely. He then leaned down and kissed my stomach so slowly and tenderly like he was saying goodbye. "I love you too, Stella."

Damon completely lost it when Stella gave a kick. Tears flooded down his face and dropped onto my belly. I laced my fingers through his and winced as more pain came.

The doors suddenly flew open as Katherine and Bonnie stormed in. "Katherine," I reached out to her with my free hand.

"Katherine," Stefan sighed relieved. Ignoring Stefan, she took my hand in hers then kissed my forehead.

"I came to return a favor," She smiled.

"What?"

"You saved my daughter so I'm going to save yours."

Damon looked up and glared at her,"I swear to God, Katherine, if you're lying I will rip your damn heart out."

A warning growl escaped Stefan's throat. Katherine shot him a warning look and he grew quiet. "Damon, when Elena saved my life and the life of my child, I realized I wanted to change my ways. Bonnie here has a spell that can fix everything."

"Bonnie?" I hissed through the pain. "Do it."

Bonnie quickly opened her grimoire and started chanting. She placed her hands over mine and Damon's which were resting on my stomach. The lights flickered then completely faded out. Bonnie started chanting faster and then squeezed our hands. Damon kissed my forehead and I rested my head under his chin. Suddenly the lights flickered again and came back on. Bonnie stopped chanting and released our hands.

"Done," She smiled. "Any pain?"

Damon squeezed my hand tightly as he looked at me intently, waiting for my answer.

"No pain," I cried. "Thank you so much Bonnie!" I pulled her into a tight hug laughing as Damon's face filled with immediate relief. I felt his hand massaging small circles on top of my medium sized belly that contained our precious miracle. "And Katherine," Her face lit up when I smiled at her. "Thank you for saving our little Stella."

I pulled her into a hug too which startled her. After a minute, she relaxed and hugged me back.

"Stella?" Bonnie asked breaking into a huge smile.

Damon stroked my stomach,"Our Stella Rose Salvatore." He smiled at me, brought my face to his and kissed me with so much love that you could feel it pouring off of him.

Meredith came over with a mini ultra sound machine and moved the wand around my stomach. I laughed happily as Stella's strong heart beat filled the room.

Everyone was crying now except Stefan who looked smothered by all of the emotions. Katherine went over to him and kissed him catching him off guard. Stefan smiled and wrapped her in a hug then laughed. "Still don't like that, do you?" He massaged a spot on Katherine's stomach.

"Let's go home," Damon said as he glanced at Meredith. She nodded. Damon scooped me up ignoring my protests and carried me out the room. Stefan and Katherine followed. We were a family now.