Chapter Twenty Two

Nine hours later

TAYLOR'S POV

I opened my eyes, completely unaware of my whereabouts. I was surrounded by nothing more than never-ending darkness preventing me from seeing a thing, and all to be heard was silence. All I knew is that I was tied securely to a chair. 

"Ah, you're finally awake, my dear... I was starting to worry." A deep voice said with a chuckle.

"Who are you? Where am I? Why am I even here?" I shouted. 

I was scared, frightened... Completely unaware of what to do. I was freaking out, but couldn't show it. As far as I knew, some psycho killer could be holding me hostage, whether it be for ransom or for some other crazy reason.

"None of that's important right now, Taylor." the voice said, softly, as a hand stroked my cheek.

After a moment, the darkness turned to light, but I still couldn't see a thing... I was blindfolded, which scared me that much more.

"H-how do you know my name?" I questioned, now shaking.

"Sh... Calm down. It'll all make sense soon enough." Once again, a hand stroked my cheek. 

I heard a door close.

CAMERON'S POV

When I awoke, I was in a hotel room and Taylor was nowhere to be found. 

"Taylor? Taylor? Are you there? Taylor!" I shouted.

I sat on the edge of the bed and pulled out my phone. Just as I began to dial Taylor's number, a blocked call came though. Warily, I answered it.

I heard someone screaming... "Help me! Help me! Help me! Please." Then it hit me... It was Taylor.

"What's going on, Taylor? Where are you?" I asked, worried.

I began to hear laughter, as the line went dead.

 For a moment, I just sat there trying to figure out exact what might be going on... Until the door opened and Michael walked in.

"Are you okay?" he questioned, walking toward me.

"Uh... I don't... know..." I mumbled, staring off.

"Cameron, what happened?"

"I don't know... I really don't know..." I managed, still staring off.

"Well, where's Taylor?"

"I have no idea..." I said, even quieter than before.

"Is she okay?"

"Well... I, uh... don't know."

"Cameron, tell me what's going on."

"She's gone... I don't know where she is, but she's gone... Someone has her and that's all I know." 

"Well, have you reported it to the police?"

My phone suddenly began to ring, loudly-- it was a blocked caller.

I breathed in deeply and answered. "H-hello?"

"If you'd ever like to see your girlfriend again, you won't involve anyone else in this-- especially not the police."

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her... What do you want?"

"Nothing, actually... But, I will tell you that you have a time limit-- if she's not found by you within 18 hours, she's as good as dead."

The call ended.

"Well, let's get searching." Michael said.

TAYLOR'S POV 

"My dear, calm down-- everything's alright."

A hand stroked my cheek.

"If everything's alright, why do you have me tied up and blindfolded, against my will?"

"My dear, I'd  calm down if I were you, being that I have the power to end your life at any moment."

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Do you really want to know?" the voice said with a diabolical laughter.

No, I thought to myself.