the quiet girl who talks to animals 18

Chapter 18

Anthony's POV

"Help me put her in the car!" Kim said excitingly. I gave her a questioning look. "Shouldn't we wait for an ambulance??!" Edgar asked looking at Janie horrified. Her head was bleeding and it looked like we broke her ribs. Kim looked at him confused. "What are you talking about?? She's fine!" she said grabbing hold of her hands and giving me a look to help her. "Kim, I just fucking ran her over, she might be dead!! And all your thinking about is that stupid ability to talk to animals right now??!!" I screamed at her. She stared at me shocked and finally let go of Janie's arms. "FINE! Let's take her to the freaking hospital," she said getting back into the car, not helping us with her. I grabbed  for Janie's arm's while Edgar grabbed for her legs. "Don't drop her," I warned Edgar. He rolled his eyes. "I would never do that to Janie!" he said, now it was my turn to roll my eyes. Tonya watched us put her gently in the back seat. "Careful, don't hit her head," Tonya said getting a hold of Janie's bloody head and gently laid her on Edgar's lap. Tonya got in afterwards and put Janie's feet on her lap. I got back into the driver's seat and started the car again, driving to find a hospital. I still cannot believe I ran over a girl, and it was Janie! 

I looked in the rear view mirror again and could see that Janie's all white shirt is now an all red one. Kim was looking out the window bored; how could she be all calm about this??!! Janie might know how to speak to animals but she is still human!! And a blow like that could have killed her instantly! Oh shit..what would happen if her friends finds out about what I have done to her? They will probably have their wolves rip us to shreds then eat us raw! That thought sent goosebumps all over my body. 

Brendon's POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see my beautiful angel. But all I saw was an empty body next to me. I got up quickly and looked around the room. Where is she? I got up from the bed and checked the bathroom. I knocked but got no response. "Janie?" I turned the door knob and burst inside. Empty. I quickly ran back out of the bathroom and back into the hotel room. I forcefully put on my pants then t-shirt. I got my phone and dialed Jasen. Beckie picked up and it sounded like she was still sleeping. "Hello?" "Beckie, is Jasen there??" "Hold up." I could hear some grumbling and a big sigh. "Hello?" Jasen said into the phone still half asleep. "Jasen, I can't find your sister!" "WHAT??!!" that woke him up..

"Are you sure? Did you check the lobby?" he said, I could hear shuffling and struggles. "I'm on my way down there now," I said. "OK, I'll meet you down there in 2 minutes!" he said. We both hung up and I ran out of the hotel room and toward a nearest elevator. What was odd is that I couldn't smell her at all, and that's impossible unless its a sign that she's slipping out of focus with her body...wait..is she..? OH GOD! I have to find her quickly. The elevator finally opened and I got in quickly, punching the down button. There was a group of girls next to me and they wont stop staring at me and twirling their hair. My wolf growled in anger. I sighed and tried to calm myself down. "Hey," one of the girls spoke. I turned toward her and smiled kindly. "Yes?" Her cheeks turned a red color and she wont stop staring at me.

"Uh...um, would you like to go out for coffee sometime?" she asked looking into my eyes in hope. My wolf growled again but I calmed him down. "Sorry, I have a girlfriend," I said. Her head dropped and went back to her group of friends in embarrassment. The elevator opened again and Jasen, Beckie, and Ian got in. "Hey," Jasen said to me when he saw me. "I'm worried," I whispered to him. He understood and pat me in the back. "We'll find her, don't worry," he said. Beckie held Ian to her chest and made no eye contact with the group of girls. 

"Cute baby," one of the girls said. Beckie smiled. "Thanks, his name's Ian." "Huh..odd name to pick don't you think?" she said rudely. Beckie's smile faded. "And your a little to young to have a kid don't you think? Jeez, you must be a major slut.." she continued. Jasen growled loudly and slammed the girl to the wall. She gasped in shock. "DON'T. YOU. EVER. TALK. TO. MY. GIRLFRIEND. LIKE. THAT. AGAIN." he said loudly into her face. She nodded and Jasen let go of her. She slumped to the ground and her friends rushed to help her. Beckie gave Ian to me and went to go calm Jasen down. The elevator opened and we left the group of girls behind. "OK, look for a short person with black hair," Jasen said walking away with Beckie and Ian. I went the opposite way and looked around for Janie.