My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 6

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. So I decided to go to the nearby lake to skid rocks. Hardly anybody went here so it was like my own little getaway. It was peaceful up until I got a surprise visitor.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked Erik.

He just frowned. "I'm not sure. I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a walk and I somehow ended up here."

"Huh. Well now you can go away," I said with smile. I turned my back on him to skid another rock. I watched it go across the water about three times before it sank.

"What are you doing out here anyways?" he asked.

"None of your concern."

"It kinda is."

I turned to face him again. "Still not leaving?" Erik said nothing. "Just tell me whatever it is you need to say then be gone." I picked up another rock.

"I was just wondering if we could still be friends."

I froze, arm in midair. Slowly, I dropped my hand to my side. "What?" I asked in the meanest voice I could muster.

"I still would like to be friends with you."

I cluthched to the rock. He better hope that I didn't get so mad that I would throw it at his pretty face. "Are you kidding me?" I sneered. "There is no way in hell I would want to be friends with you. Not now. Not ever." I dropped the rock on the ground. I walked past Erik giving him the dirtiest look.

Erik turned around. "Haven!"

"Tell my sister congrats for me, she won. Just like always."

I left Erik alone by the lake. I didn't know where I was going but I knew that I was not going home. That was the last place I wanted to be.

* * *

"You know you and Vince would be cute together," my friend Aleena said. I looked across the gym at Vince. He was sitting on the bleachers talking with some guy. I shrugged. I didn't really see Vince in that way.

"I don't know," I told her.

"Come on. You can't tell me you never thought about him in that way."

I laughed. "No. Not that I can recall."

Leena shoved me. "Liar."

I rolled my eyes. "I know you have."

She shrugged. "I'm not telling. But imagine the cute little babies you guys would have together."

Again I rolled my eyes. "I don't want kids."

"You will one day. Just watch."

"Alright! Go change!" Our coach yelled at us. Thank God too. I was getting really tired of sitting on the bleachers watching some guys play basketball. It seemed like this was all we did for Gym class. As Leena and I walked back to the girls locker room I accidentally ran into someone.

"Sorry," the guy mumbled. I looked up at him to tell him that it was no big deal. His brown hair fell just a little over his gorgeous hazel eyes. His sweatshirt and jeans looked really good on him too.

"It's cool," I said with a smile.

"There's my girl," Vince said coming up behind me. I lightly pushed him away.

"I'm not your girl Vinny."

Vince put his hand to his heart, pretending that he was in pain. "I'm hurt. But I'm over it," he said dropping his hand. "Hurry up and change so we can go to our next class." Vince didn't bother to glance at the guy standing in front of me.

"Well see you around," I said with  smile.

The kid nodded. "See ya."

* * *

When I got home mom told me to hurry up and change. I guess we were having a pack meeting. I was not looking forward to that. After I finished changing, mom had us all pile into the car. We drove all the way in silence until we got to the pack house.

I looked around inside for Vince and found him standing by a window towards the back. I walked over to him. Mom watched and glared as we hugged. Vince smiled at her which made here even more mad. He was just trying to be polite.

I watched as Alpha Collin's son, Talon, stepped onto the stage and called for our attention. I looked around the room for Erik. I found him standing with his parents and of course, Hazel was right there by his side as well.

As always, Hazel got what she wanted. She never thought about other people, just herself. Which bugged me so much. I can't exactly blame her though because she got that from my mom but still, I was raised by the same lady but you don't see me acting careless.

I heard people all around me cheer and clapped. I was pulled out of my daze. I hadn't heard one word Alpha Collins said. I glanced at Vince, he looked so unhappy.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's Lilly's birthday today."

"Oh."

Hazel walked over to us with Erik attatched to her hip. "Hey," she said.

"Hi," I replied.

"Vince." She gave him a coy smile. Erik was right there next to her and she was trying to flirt with Vince. My sister had no limits.

"Well we're leaving," I said grabbing Vince's hand. I pulled us out of the foyer and outside. I sighed. She always wanted what she couldn't have. "Wanna go for a run?"

Vince smirked. "Of course."

We both shifted and took off running into the woods. Hopefully we'll catch some sort of game.

~MSB~