My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning to a pillow being thrown at my face. I was going to punch the person who threw this pillow at me.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty," Vincent said.

"Don't call me that," I said. It reminded me of Erik. A rush of sadness swept over me but was quickly replaced with anger. He was nothing but a stupid asshole.

"You don't like being called a princess?"

"Nope."

I covered my face with the pillow Vince had thrown at me. But of course, Vince took the pillow away.

"Get up! You can use the shower first."

I groaned. "I don't want to get up."

"Well you have to."

I opened up one eye to peer at Vince. He was standing at the foot of the bed. He was also shirtless, exposing the tattoo to the left of his chest right by his heart. I remember the day he went to get it. I had gone with him.

The name "Sophie" was scrawled out in cursive with the date 9. 15. 07.

Sophie was his little sister that was kidnapped by "Hunters" and was killed when she was only a year old. Vince was only thirteen when it happened. He was so hurt by the death of his little sister. The entire pack was to but he was the worst out of them all. Sophie didn't deserve to die. She was just a baby.

For awhile Vince blamed himself for what happened. I did everything I could to make him see that it wasn't him who got her killed. The Hunters were guys who knew about the existence of werewolves and went around killing our kind. They're not as common as they were in old times. People stopped believing that werewolves really did exist and just let it go. But some still firmly believed that there were werewolves.

Hunters came in our territory and got a hold of Sophie one day. They were trying to only use her as bait but she ended up getting killed by one of the Hunters crazy wives. I guess Sophie reminded her of her son and the lady swore up and down that one of our pack members had killed him.

But it wasn't one of us.

It was a rouge.

Vince had to wait until he was eighteen though to get the tattoo and he asked me to come with him. I gladly agreed to. It was funny how whenever girls saw his tattoo and he told the background story to it, girls fell for him even more.

And all Vince would say is, "It's just a tattoo. Nothing worth swooning over."

But little did he know that girls found it cute and adorable. I did too.

"I don't have to do anything I don't want to do," I said sticking my tongue out at him, coming back to the present.

"Guess what. We have to go to school."

I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "I don't want to go to school today."

Vince sighed. "Neither do I."

"What do you say we ditch today?" I asked.

The bed slightly dipped from when Vince sat down. He mulled over my suggestion. "That doesn't sound to bad."

"So we're ditching?" I asked.

Vince nodded. "We're ditching."

I threw my arms around him making sure to squeeze the life out of him.

"Yay! We're ditching. And do you know what's the first thing we're gonna do today?"

"What?"

"Sleep!"