My Sisters Boyfriend - Prologue

Three Years Ago

Once again I was sneaking out of our condo for the night to go see him. I had been doing it for the past two weeks that we had been in Hawaii. Unfortunately, today was our last night to see each other. But I wasn't going to think about that tonight. I was just gonna go to our usual spot and enjoy the time with him.

I had to quietly run down the back stairs that led to the beach. It was difficult to run in the sand with shoes on. I stopped for a minute to take of my socks and shoes. I shoved my socks into the shoes so I wouldn't lose them. However, knowing me I probably would.

When I got to our usual spot, I plunked right down in the sand. I leaned up against the rock and closed my eyes. It was exhilarating to sneak out of the house to see a boy but it sure was tiring at the same time.

"Hey there sleeping beauty?" he said, sitting right down next to me.

I smiled. "I thought you'd never show up."

"And why is that?" he asked tapping my nose.

I shrugged. "Usually you're always here before me."

"Sorry about that." He scratched the back of his head, "My parents were nagging on me to pack up my things before we leave tomorrow morning."

I frowned. I was really hoping he wouldn't bring that up. "It sucks that you have to leave tomorrow."

"I know."

I started drawing circles in the sand. "Why couldn't you get here a week later?" I asked.

He leaned back against the rock with his arms behind his head. "Not my fault. My parents. Why couldn't you get here a week earlier?"

"Not my fault. My parent's." I smirked at him.

I watched as his face lit up into a small smile. "So are you going to tell me your name yet?" he asked.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because it's my last day here."

"And? If I tell you my name then that means it's just going to hurt us even more."

"Yeah but it's a good pain. Isn't it?"

I tilted my head up to the sky. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me your's."

"Ladies first."

"Then why haven't you told me your name?" I said, laughing.

He rolled his eyes. "Erik."

I stopped laughing. Erik. That was his name. Plain and simple. Nothing fancy, just Erik.

"Haven."

"That's a really pretty name."

"You think so?" I pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my chin on my knees.

"You don't?"

I sighed. "Not really. It's nothing pretty like my sister's."

Erik scoot closer to me. "Why do you try to be like your sister?"

I looked into his warm, brown eyes. He was so sweet and caring. Being able to talk to him the past two weeks was the best part about my family's vacation here. If I hadn't met him at the beach one time from running away from my parents.

"Because it's what my parents want. They want me to be just like her."

"I don't want you to be just like her. I like you the way you are."

Erik leaned in closer.

This could only mean one thing.

"Erik I don't know..."

His eyes flickered to my lips. "You don't know what?"

Erik leaned in a few inches closer.

"How to kiss," I whispered.

Erik thought about what I said for a moment as he continued to stare down at my lips. When he finally made up his mind about whatever he was thinking, he glanced back up to look me in the eyes.

"I'll teach you," he whispered back.

I closed my eyes as he closed the gap between us.

~MSB~