My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 20

"Haven, define the word price ceiling." Mrs. Willington said catching me completly off guard.

"Um, it's an amount of money set by the government that businesses' can't charge over."

Mrs. Willington smiled, "It's nice to know that you pay attention in class." There were a few giggles from around the room.

Economics wasn't my favorite subject but it wasn't the worst. The only thing that sucked was having it right before lunch. My growling stomach always made it harder to concentrate.

I watched the clock for thirty minutes straight just waiting for it to ring. I wanted to talk to Vince. It seemed as if he had been avoiding me all morning. I tried looking for him but had no luck in finding him.

The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat and ran for the door. I checked my phone to see if I heard from Vince. Sure enough I had a text from him asking me to talk to his friend Parker then go and meet him somewhere.

I walked into the cafeteria and searched for Parker. I knew he sat somewhere towards the back so that's the first place I headed to. I sat right next to him and threw my bag down on the table.

"Hey, what's up?"

Parker shrugged. "Not much." He looked up from his book. "What do you need?"

"Vince asked me to pick something up from you."

"Oh, yes. His notes."

I grimaced. "What? That's what he needed? Notes for a class?"

Parker grinned. "There's more to it than that. I owed him something."

I raised my eyebrows. "Like what?"

He shrugged. "Something that everyone wants. Something that makes people go evil."

"Um, okay? I don't want to know anymore."

Parker shrugged. "Your choice. Just make sure he gets that please. I don't need any beef with him."

"I will get it to him don't worry."

I got up from the table and headed for the exit. I droppped a few things off at my locker then quickly walked out the front doors to the parking lot to my car to go meet Vince.

"Where are you going?" I heard someone sneer from behind me.

I turned around to see Hazel. I rolled my eyes at her. "You're not my mother."

She laughed. "No, I'm not but mom will know about this if you leave."

"You know what Hazel, tell her. I don't care. Tell her every fucking little thing you know about me. I don't give a shit. I could care less. I am tired of you getting everything you want and blaming everything on me. I swear though Hazel, if you threaten me one more time I will kick your ass." I yelled at her in front of all her friends. Her eyes started to turn red and I knew she was about to cry but I didn't give a shit. I had my own stuff that I needed to take care of.

I got in the car and slammed the door. I quickly pulled out of the parking space and onto the main street. I called Vince asking exactly where to meet him. He told me to just shift and I would find him. So that's what I intended to do.

* * *

Erik's P.O.V.

I saw Haven quickly run out of the cafeteria so I followed her. She ran out into the parking lot and towards here car. Before she could get into the car Hazel stopped her. I listened intently.

"Where are you going?" Hazel asked.

Haven rolled her eyes before answering. "You're not my mother."

Hazel laughed. For some reason she found it amusing to get her sister into trouble. She was mean just for the fun of it I realized. "No, I'm not but mom will know about this if you leave."

Haven looked pissed once Hazel said that. And then the yelling began. "You know what Hazel, tell her. I don't care. Tell her every fucking little thing you know about me. I don't give a shit. I could care less. I am tired of you getting everything you want and blaming everything on me. I swear though Hazel, if you threaten me one more time I will kick your ass."

Haven got into her car and quickly backed out from the parking spot. Hazel looked as if she was about to cry and all her friends did was stare at her in complete shock. When they saw that Hazel wasn't going to go inside they all left her. I ran out so I could follow Haven.

Once Hazel saw me she grabbed my arm. "You saw what happened didn't you?" She asked me.

I shrugged. "Yeah, so?"

"Can you believe that...that...bitch?"

I laughed. "Yes I can actually. You know why? Because you're nothing but a mean person, Hazel. I feel so stupid for staying with you. Did you know I'm supposed to be with Haven? Not you? I just can't believe I was so stupid."

Hazel's mouth dropped open. "You're such a jerk."

I laughed. "We're done Hazel."

"What?!" She screeched.

"Bye, Hazel."

I quickly ran off and got into my car. Hazel stood there crying in the parking lot.

I saw Haven's car headed towards an off road that leads to the woods. I stayed a safe distance behind her. We turned left onto a dirt road that slowly went uphill. I kept following behind her. She finally pulled off to the side about ten minutes later and I did the same.

I watched from the car as she got out and looked in all directiions before changing. I was amazed at how graceful she was able to change. The color of her coat was blacker than black. It almost looked purple because it was so black. She ran into the woods.

I got out of my car and ran in behind her. I grabbed some dry leaves and dirt off the floor and rubbed it all over my clothes. Hopefully this would be enough to cover my stench.

I followed her trail and smell into a small clearing. She stood in the middle of it sniffing the floor. Her ears perked up once she saw Vince come out behind a tree along with an older man that had to be in his late forties. He had black hair that was starting to turn gray.

Haven started to growl at the man. She obviously thought he was trouble.

"Haven, this is my father," Vince said in a low voice.

As soon as he said that I knew she was in trouble.

~MSB~