Ep. 00

Shioku Seijuro is the daughter of scientists Fumi Seijuro and Hirokata Seijuro. One day her life flipped completely, and she became an orphan who was sent to Hyakuya Orphanage.

Shioku Seijuro, now Shioku Hyakuya, is 10 years old.

The trauma of the accident hindered her from remembering who she was and what had exactly happened on that day of the accident.

Despite a foggy memory, Shio's content with the way things are and doesn't wish for change. But whether she likes it or not, the world she knows is ending.

An epidemic, which the likes of Japan has never seen or encountered before, wipes out 75% of the population. To top that, strange creatures appeared out of nowhere and the supernatural surfaced to take over the crumbling island country.

Vampires.

The survivors of the epidemic were mostly kids who couldn't defend themselves. Vampires took the kids and placed them in their underground cities as livestock. Providing fresh blood for the vampires- in exchange for protection from the monsters outside.

Mika, Yuu and the other Hyakuya orphans were all put into a single house, while Shio ends elsewhere alone.

The day the Hyakuya orphans planned to escape arrives.

However, Ferid Bathory blocks their path. Determined to escape, Mika takes up the challenge, to protect the others. But, the vampire gun Mika stole isn't enough to stop Ferid. In the end only Yuu manages to escape the underground city.

_________________________________________________

A few days before the escape, Krul orders Shio to infiltrate the human's anti-vampire army.

Except she's no longer human.

[Roughly follows season 1 of Owari no Seraph]