Waking Up

Slowly but surely I start to wake up again, hearing the muffling of voices, I breathe in the scent of food cooking making my stomach grumble in response. I open my eyes, I am in someone's bedroom, paying in the most comfortable bed in the world the black and white sheets nice and soft keeping me warm, the walls a dark red and bookcases to the ceiling, a flat screen tv and a fire place with two old leather chairs in front of it. I remove to sheets from me and realise the hand that I punched Locus with has a cast on it, I am in a oversized man t-shirt yet still have a lot of dirt and dried blood on me, my feet are wrapped up in bandages, I can tell that I have been given drugs, from how heavy I my head feel and now relaxed also the IV sticking in my hand is a big give away.

"You are awake!" I turn to see the man that saved me sitting next to me holding a glass of water in his hand. His facial feathers very distinct and stubble has started to grow, his eyes look tired and worried though his eyes are dark blue.... Not hazel. Without noticing my hand with the catheter in it I placed it on the side of his face, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, when he opens he's eyes look like he could cry. He does not look like a person that cries, no tears are spilt as he brings the cup to my lips helping me take a sip. I could stare into his eyes forever, I felt close to him, like I have been waiting for him. Or maybe he has been waiting for me. A single tear fell from his cheek and I wiped it away with my hand. With a one arm the man lifted me up off the bed and onto his lap, he buried his face in my neck making me giggle a little. "I have waited so long.... So long." He says I wrap my arms around him.

"How long?" I ask stroking his hair.

"240 years." He says looking me in the eye, he was not lying. I look at him, I have heard his heart beat and he is warm.... Very warm. So no he is not a vampire, the wolves!

"Looking good for a relic." I smirk at him, its true though, he looks around 26. He looks at me smiling, shaking his head chuckling. "You better put be down, I am all bloody and dirty." I say.

"Maybe I like it dirty." He smirked with a wink making me laugh. "I will run you a bath." He says picking me up and talking me into the bathroom which is connected to the bedroom. He sits me on the counter and he starts running the bath, putting in soaps making it bubbly, it's the biggest bath I have ever seen. Never even been in the bath before!

"So what's your name Mr Wolf??" I ask, pain starting to kick back in.

"Alpha Elijah Alexander Wilson of the Blood Moon pack. You are my mate." He said pride filled his voice, the authority in his voice in his voice made with want to submit.

"Elisabeth Jane Elsa Moffatt. I am your mate?" I say in a hiss as I try to get off the counter but the pain was too strong, Elijah had me in his arms in seconds putting me back on the counter. I bite my tongue.

"The doc left pain relief, I will go get it." He says than a few minutes later he walked back in with an older looking lady, early forties at least, has the same eyes as Elijah. Elijah places his hand on my thigh giving me reassurance as the lady put syringes in my IV and pressing down so the medication goes into my veins, I rest my head on Elijah's shoulder, letting him relax me sending soothing tingles and waves through me.

"My name is Meredith, I am pack doctor also Elijah's second mother." She says with a sweet calming voice.

"Elisabeth." I say as I feel the drugs kick in, making me giggle. I hear Meredith chuckle lightly she has a very motherly vibe around her. Motherly, something I never really had. A single tear fell from my cheek I quickly wiped it away.

"Elisabeth, if you don't mind I will help undress and wash you sweetheart." Meredith says holding my hands. Elijah gave out a little growl.

"I can do it." He says, I tensed, Meredith let out a sigh. I did trust him... I don't know if I am comfortable, I just met him, and I haven't have the best runnings with men.

"She may be your mate son, but I am the doctor. And you can see she's uncomfortable with the thought. Plus you met her running for her life in the woods for her life from a mad man, who you had to kill." Meredith's voice had authority behind it and started to get impatient with her sons possessiveness, the sound of her voice as it raised made me flinch a small bit, I don't like people raising. Meredith seemed to see that and lowered it. "I do not blame you dear, I know that Locus is a hideous man. I am honestly very proud of you. You will make a good Luna." She says her voice soft and warm, she cupped my cheek and wiped the tears I never knew had shed. I then turned to Elijah his eyes looked a conflicted.

"I will wait outside." He says kissing my temple before walking out and closing the door behind him. I quickly turn to Meredith.

"What's mates?" I ask, she looks at me and smiles.

"It is short for Soul Mates. All beings have them one why or another but werewolf and even vampires they need them the most, mates are the only person they will never fully love, the only person that can calm the other it's a connection and never can fully be broken. Being mated to an Alpha can be tough, trust me I should know, they always find it hard to control their wold around their mate, they are more powerful, possessive, jealous and dominant over their mate, lucky to ever be alone for half an hour! But honestly they mate bond is so strong, you never want to really be away from him, it hurts too much." Meredith says as she unwrapped the bandages from my feet. With great care humming soothing tunes. All of the sudden I felt numb, memories washed over me of my mother, or what I remember, she was so beautiful, loved gardening and cooking. She used to hum all the time and dance around, she to me will always be a grace like creature almost inhuman. It was just the two of us, we lived outside of the nearest town, I like to think were so happy. I was only five at the time, if that.