Run

The ground beneath my running bare feet cold and sharp, I know without even looking my feet are bleeding, my lungs feel like each breath is cutting in slicing my insides, snow was just starting to fall, but I could not stop no matter what. Tears nonstop falling down my cheeks, going thicker and thick into the woods I just keep pushing myself but the further I go the harder it is run the more dangerous it becomes, fallen trees sudden ditches. Tears now blinding me the ground becoming slippery from the snow all of the sudden I fall tumbling another ditch. I let out a scream, as I feel sticks cutting into me and dirt rubbing in it, I lost it, I could not hold back I just sob. Flash backs hit me like a ton of bricks. The screams deafened me the smell of smoke and burning flesh. Rustling form close by me shook me from my memories, I look around my heart racing, I see a wolf growling at me, I broke out in a new round of tearless sobs, other wolfs step forward just looking at me. Another more powerful growl ripped through the air, making me cower more curling myself up in a ball. I saw a man, a tall muscly man with dark curly hair with yellow hazel eyes.

           "Leave!" He commanded in a second the wolves were gone, I can't help but let out a whimper, the man stepped forward slowly.

          "Please don't hurt me, please don't hurt." I whimper. I look down at myself, I am already so hurt. I can't properly see my skin, just blood and dirt. I looked into the man with hazel eyes he looked sad but when he saw all the blood his eyes grew darker almost to black.

        "Well, well, well." An o too familiar taunts me, Locus. He jumping down into the ditch. "Look likes you went for a run.... Shame you missed out on all the fun, little Lilly-Beth. Looks like you found your mate." Before I know could even think of what to do, the man had Locus by the neck and I see that his body.... As if the bones and muscles beneath move and shift like he will jump, rip out of his skin. Locus spat in his face and spoke unquotable things, words that make my blood boil and rage not only was he speaking cruel words about me and what he will do to me when he gets his hands on me but also to the man saving my life. I gather up all my strength and I steady myself up onto my feet and hobble over to them, most painful steps I took. I rested my hand on the man who's choking Locus, both men seeming shocked. I reached to Locus's pocket and took his dagger.

        "You are a sick pathetic pig of a man. And you are done hurting my family, me and any other poor person again. Without a seconded thought I stabbed him in the dick and twisted he let out a hideous cry, then I punched him in the face. All that happening a wave of fatigue and dizziness came over me and I stumble to the found, my eyes slowly start to be covered in darkness but I can instantly see and hear the snap of Locus's neck, then I slip into unconscious.

        I feel strong arms carrying me, my head still heavy and spinning to open my eyes, but I feel my head placed in the crook of a mans neck, taking in his intoxicating sent, I listen to his heart beat as it smooths me, I snuggle in close, still unable to open my eyes I try make my voice work.

       "Thank you." I croak sounding like I have been hit by a truck. "My hero."

       "Sleep my little mate, we will be in the pack house soon, we will get you fixed up soon. And you my mate are the hero here." He says his voice low making his chest vibrate making me want to giggle, he kisses the top of my head and I slowly fall back to sleep.