Kriss

{AMERICA POV}
We run through the corridors our only hope is the memory of a single guard.
"Guards up at the next turn" Aspen whispers.
We've been running for what seems like hours, any time we run into rebels usually Aspen and the guards take care of them while Maxon and I stand a safe distance back.
We continue running, my legs are aching and I'm sweating I feel like I can't run anymore but then Maxon grabs my hand and I run.
"Okay the exit is just ahead everyone stay together and we should be fine" Aspen says.
We run around the corner and run face to face with Kriss.
"Kriss? Kriss? Oh my God did they get you to don't worry we will be out of here as soon as we can." I say slowly walking towards her.
"No America I don't think you will" she says smirking.
Suddenly a dozen guards appear by her side, confused I start backing up but Kriss grabs my arm.
"Oh no you don't" she says, she snatches a needle from one of the nearest guards and stabs it into my forearm.
Everything goes blurry and I fall to the floor, everything feels like it's moving in slow motion I hear Maxon calling my name but it sounds like he's miles away.
I see the rebels pull out guns,
I see bullets flying,
I think Aspen is hit but I can't tell,
The other guards move forward and take down all 12 rebels,
Kriss is standing over me, I think she's laughing but I can't be sure.
Someone pushed her away and lifts my head into their lap I see Maxons face and then everything goes black.

{MAXONS POV}
After America passed out we carried her away into our truck, Kriss is in handcuffs and after many threats she finally told us where Gerad and the two guards were being kept. There was no sign of the head rebel anywhere, so he's still out there somewhere.
I hold America in my arms she looks like she's just sleeping but I know it's more than that Kriss won't tell us what she injected into America. Whatever it was did something horrible because she won't wake up no matter what I try.
For the first time in a very long time I cry,
I cry in front of Aspen and Kriss,
I cry in front of my guards.
I don't care if my father thought that people lose respect for me when I cry,       
I don't care if they do,
All I care about is that America,
My America is hurt and I can't help her.