Family Visit

{AMERICAS POV}
"Today grandma, aunt May, Aunt Kenna, Uncle Gerad, uncle James, and your cousin Astra is coming to visit. So we have to pick out a nice outfit to wear" I say walking quickly to Jacobs walk in closet to find an outfit he could wear. As I stare at all the clothes he has I look around the closet and notice that Jacobs closet is bigger than my whole room was when I was back in Carolina.
I finally pick some white overalls and a yellow t-shirt.
"How is my little family doing today" I hear Maxon say.
"Fine" I say struggling to get Jacob to hold still.
Maxon giggles at my efforts,
"Stubborn like his mother" Maxon laughs.
"Well since you are so good at convincing me to do all the things you tell me why don't you try" I say moving aside to let Maxon dress his son.
"One thing I know about your mother, is she never does what I want so we are going to have to be on each other's side okay" I hear Maxon whisper to Jacob.
I hear Jacob giggle and turn around wide eyed, at two months old that was Jacobs first giggle.
"Maxon did he just" I start
"He laughed" Maxon says picking Jacob up and spinning him around forcing more giggles out of Jacob.

"America" I hear May shout as soon as she walks through the palace doors, I hand Jacob to Maxon and run into the waiting arms of May.
"How are you?" She says after we hug.
"Great, we finally moved Jacob into his own room and we are preparing for our interview with him to." I say.
"Your life is so exciting, I wish I could say exciting things" she says looking down.
"Telling me about Gerad and Astra's adventures is more exciting than anything I will ever do" I say tilting her chin up she smiles and starts talking on and on about our family in their yellow house. Once I greet the rest of my family and everyone cuddles Jacob we all sit down for a very delicious lunch chosen specifically by myself.
"That was delicious" my mother says her hands twitching as the maids clean the dishes from the table. It's taken some time to adjust to the One life for her.
"So is there going to be another Halloween party this year?" May asks hopefully, I see Gerad and Astra perk up to.
"We will have to see" Maxon says winking at the kids, they giggle in excitement.
As the evening continues and my family and I talk about up coming events and what is happening at the house. As we talk Maxon's head advisor Stravos walks in,
"Your Majesties sorry to interrupt but may I have a word?" He asks
"Of course Stravos" Maxon's says stealing a quick glance at me, we get up from our seats and quickly walk to Stravos who leads us to his office.
"Is something wrong Stravos?" Maxon asks.
"Well I regret to inform you that there has been a death" Stravos replies.
"What!?" Maxon and I say at the same time.
"Who wa..." But I am cut off by the sounds of the rebel alarms. Maxon swears under his breathe and grabs my arm running to the dinning room where we left my family. We arrive to a very loud and very panicked Singer family. We head to the royal safety room and as Maxon opens the door I make sure everyone is accounted for. Maxo gets the door open as soon as I notice a missing Gerad.
"Mom, Kenna? Where's Gerad?" I say panic creeping into my voice. I hear screams fill the hallways and guns being fired. A solider passes us and I realize it's Aspen,
"Aspen" I shout.
"America get your family into the safe room" he says.
"Gerad's missing" I say tears rushing to my eyes.
"I'll find him" he says putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder, he reaches out to motion Maxon closer and he whispers something into his ear before he takes off running again. We run down to the safe room tripping over our selfs when we finally settle the realization sinks in and my mother and May start to cry. I sit next to Maxon with Jacob in my arms,
"What if they can't find him" I say stroking Jacobs head.
"They will don't worry" he says leaning down kissing Jacobs forehead and then mine. I look into his eyes and see the sadness even though Gerad is my brother him and Maxon had become very close over the years and I know he is worried. For hours we all sit in the safe room no one speaking just silent sobs from my mom or May and the occasional whisper in between Kenna and James. Maxon and I sit there with Jacob in my arms just hoping for the best.

__________________________
Sorry kinda leaving you at a cliff hanger I will try to write again before my long weekend ends but no promises lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Thanks so much for reading.
❤️😋😘☺️