Meeting

{AMERICA'S POV}
5 months later

I feel the bed shift as Maxon gets out to start his day in the office.
I moan and roll over to look at Maxon putting his shirt on.
"Good morning my dear" he says with a smirk on his face.
"You really think just because I'm tired and pregnant I won't recognize that nickname?" I ask.
"I try". He sighs and gives me a quick kiss before leaving.
A couple of hours later Mary comes in to wake me.
"Your Majesty, it's time to get up you have a meeting with Lady Kriss this morning" she says opening all the curtains in Maxon's room.
"Ughhhh not the light can't I sleep for one more hour?" I ask hoping for the best.
"I'm afraid not you've already slept in for to long, and remember no skipping breakfast your eating for two." She says reminding me of the little bundle of joy inside me.
"Fine" I get up ready to start my day.
I walk to my office slowly knowing I won't be able to hide my baby bump anymore, I have succeeded in no one noticing from the Report.
Only certain people know Silvia because she sees me everyday, Marlee my best friend who noticed I was pregnant even before I told her, Aspen and Lucy who are going to be the god parents, Gavril being the head of all the photographs, and films taken inside of the castle we would have to be warned so my maids could make an especially flowy dress to hide my bump, and my family.
Maxon and I plan to tell the country this coming Report, Gavril thought it would be best to wait until we could not hide it any longer just in case of a miscarriage. If a miscarriage had happened and the country knew about the baby they may have questioned me as Queen because of my lack of producing heirs.
I arrive at the door to my office and see Kriss sitting in the chair across from my desk, I know she still loves Maxon a little because every time she comes to the palace she is always stealing glances at him.
"Hello Kriss" I say opening the door
"Oh um hello America" she says immediately standing up and curtseying.
"Kriss you know that's not necessary" I say chuckling.
"Right" she says glancing down at my baby bump.
"America congratulations!" She says
"Oh thank you" I say
"When is it due?" She asks
"October" I say smiling
"That's... um amazing" Kriss said with a hint of hesitation.
I remember Kriss always talking about what Maxon and her children would look like during the Selection.
"So what did you want to talk about Kriss?" I ask
"Well I was wondering what you and Maxon are going to be doing about the school system since you two are taking apart the castes?" She asks with a hint of sarcasm, I just decide to ignore it.
"Well Maxon and I have been discussing some interesting school systems I will bring Maxon in right now if he is not busy" I say.
I call Mary,
"Mary do you mind asking Maxon if he could come to my office please?" I ask her
"Of course your Majesty" Mary says curtseying than leaving.
A few awkward minutes later Maxon appears at my door.
"Hello Kriss" he says waving to Kriss, she gives him a quick curtsy.
"Hello Maxon" she says.
"Hello darling" he says giving me a quick kiss.
"Hello in there" he says patting my bump.
"So why did you call me love?" he asks me.
"Well I was just telling Kriss here our wonderful idea for the school systems since we are getting rid of the castes." I tell him.
"Oh yes well Kriss America had a wonderful idea about joining all the students together after we get rid of the castes the Twos won't need their private schools and we can put the money spent on those schools towards other necessary things." He explains.
"That a great idea Maxon" Kriss says.
"Well America came up with it I just have the job of making it happen." He says excitedly.
"Well congratulations again both of you I hope to see you at the annual Illea day party at the palace" Kriss says leaving.
"Oh yes Silvia and I have already started planning." I say excitedly.
As Kriss exits Maxon wraps his hands around my waist, and asks,
"Darling I have the rest of the afternoon off could I possibly take the most amazingly beautiful woman in the world on a picnic?"
"Well I will have to think about it" I tease.
"That sounds like a challenge" he says excitedly.
Maxon picks me up and I giggle, he carries me out of my office into the hallway, once in the hallway he puts me back on my feet. We walk hand in hand when we walk around a corner I see Kriss glaring at us but when she sees me looking at her she quickly walks away.