Jacob

{MAXON POV}
I slowly crawl out of bed careful not to wake America. We had a very eventful night and our new son and America were both doing extremely well. I put my robe and slippers on and I walk to the cradle at the foot of our bed.
I look down and I see Americas eyes staring up at me. I smile and pick up Jacob.
"Hey Jacob, its daddy." I say quietly. He just stares at me, I graze my fingers over his soft delicate hands. He is big for a premature baby, but the doctor said everything was fine with him but we still need an appointment with her tomorrow.
"Maxon?" I hear America's sleepy voice.
"Yes dear" I reply.
"What are you doing?" she asks.
"Holding a miracle" I reply.
I walk over to the bed and hand Jacob to his mother, and I snuggle up beside them. America strokes his little head and sings him a lullaby, he slowly falls asleep my eyes start to droop.
"Maxon" America whispers I blink to keep myself awake.
"Yes darling" he says.
"When do we have to announce Jacobs birth" she sighs.
"Tomorrow I'm afraid" I reply.
"I wish we could hide him from them, I don't know announcing him makes it feel like he's not ours" she says holding on tighter to Jacob.
"He will always be ours, and just think in 19 years he will find his true love." I say glancing down at Jacobs perfect little face. America, Jacob, and I sit there for what seems like hours holding on to a little piece of calm in our lives.

__________________________
Hey guys sorry this is a short chapter I am in school now so there will probably be an update during or after the weekend.
But while we wait here is a little night time scene with the whole Schreave family together. 😘👍