Rebels

{MAXON POV}
America and I sit outside enjoying our day off eating a delicious picnic then suddenly I hear the rebel alarm from inside the castle. I jump up leaving the picnic and grabbing America's hand.
We run to one of the secret passages to a safe room, but with the extra pressure applied to her back she runs much slower than I do.
"Come on America!" I shout anxiously.
"I'm trying Maxon" she says gathering her skirt in one hand.
We finally make it to the secret passage but we are cut off by a rebel, its a man he is tall with blonde hair he was wearing dirty rags but he had a red piece of clothing tied to his upper forearm.
"The King and Queen themselves" he says smirking.
"Oh I am terribly sorry where are my manners" he gives us a quick bow, when he lifts up he pulls his gun out of it holster and aims it directly at America's forehead. He is at a little of a distance I could easily pull America away but I don't know how good his aim is and I'd rather not take a chance.
"It's the people's favourite little America Singer from Carolina the perfect choice for Queen" he says anger in his voice.
America looks him in the eye and listens to him closely her face is expressionless but I know her eyes and there is fear.
"You know I was just my sister and I, we lived a simple and hard life in Honduragua, she signed up for the Selection she had such high hopes for, she thought she was going to become Queen and live happily ever after but when the names were announced she wasn't chosen. She was so upset she went into depression and one day I got home from work and found her hung in the middle of the kitchen" he stops to wipe a tear away from his eye.
"She's dead because of the STUPID SELECTION ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" He shouts I hear the sound of the gun firing and I hear America collapse on the ground beside me and I see the rebel running away.

----------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter PLZ don't kill me 😬
But hope you guys are enjoying this fanfic.
Hope America is okay 😟