Chapter.25

*Ashton P.O.V*

"I don't know, Doc." I reply in distress. "It scares me sometimes."

Amanda rolls her eyes at me and I watch as a hidden smirk forms on her lips. The doctor takes out a light and puts it towards her eyes. Irritated, Amanda blinks rapidly. I smile a little but then attempt to pull a sad face on.

"To have the girl of your dreams to just fall into your arms, you know. It's like everyday I have to play knight in shining armor or tinfoil... maybe in stripes?" I trail off and state dramatically.

What did I wear the last time Amanda fainted?

Maybe I was wearing a T-shirt. Wait no- it was in school so I wore my uniform. Yup!

"Or uniform? Uniform works." I state crossing my arms over my shoulder.

I glance at Amanda and wink at her real quick. It's probably not attractive with this fake mustache on. She raises her eyebrows at me and mouths 'really'. Me being the awesome person I am just shrugs in reply.

The doctor chuckles a little in amusement as he checks her ears. I bite my lips and suppress any further snarky comments.

"Correct me if I'm wrong-" the doctor starts.

"Oh, don't worry I will." I assure cutting him off.

Well it looks like I failed at my attempt to suppress any further snarky comments.

"Thanks." He clears his throat. "So Amanda has been fainting quite frequently."

"Yup!" I reply popping the 'p' smiling cheekily.

"Well, that could just be lack of hydration or even shock." He states.

"Well, just to be sure you should probably run some test." I say.

"Of course. Amanda if you will?" He says referring to the door.

"Yeah." She replies and gets up from the doctor bed. Or whatever you call that. I bet that thing is a disease with the amount of patients here.

The doctor walks out first with Amanda tailing right behind him. She turns around looking at me for a bit. I wave my fingers at her suggestively and wink. She scoffs and shuts the door.

The plan has so far been a success. Now, for the next part.

Amanda and I have been going no where with this case. We only have one clue which is kind of pathetic with the amount of time we've been spending on this.

So of course we couldn't let this keep happening and so we came up with the 'plan'.

It goes like this; Amanda goes to get a check up and I act dramatic to the point where she will have to leave the room with the doctor. When she leaves I do my spy thing and investigate the files at the front desk.

And besides its not like we lied or anything. Amanda has been fainting a lot and maybe it's because of a certain elevator. A certain hunted elevator. A certain hunted and supernatural elevator. Did I mention it's a super scary elevator?

So yeah we're still good people.

Oh, and the reason for the shady mustache is for just in case I get caught. I have a reputation here. In this city. Where no one knows me... I don't want to be recognized if I get caught. You see, that's some real investigating skills. Always one step ahead.

And now to the front desk or back. Heck if I know. I probably should have figured out where the files are before the plan was put in action. It's probably in the front desks but in the back of it.

Well I got like twenty minutes to do this. So.....

*Amanda P.O.V*

He bought that? He bought that stupid act? This is ridiculous.

"My daughter use to faint before every play she was in..." The doctor continued.

I smiled at him as if I actually cared about what he was saying. Not trying to be rude, but I think I heard enough about this guy's daughter. I know she throws up when she's nervous or beaks out into hives. I know she's allergic to nuts and I just found out that she faints too. But apparently it's for a different reason.

Huh, figures.

I watch as a woman with long black hair walks down the halls. Her heals click the tiles hard and she looks like she belongs to the C.I.A., with her grey pencil skirt and matching grey suit. She looks at me and now we're in a full starting contest.

That was until we bumped into each other. And when I mean bump, I mean I fell square on the floor and all her papers were laying on the floor beside me. Oh and her? She was standing still as if nothing happened. Because you know, we didn't just bump into each other.

"Sorry." I mumble as I pick myself up.

Where are her manners? The least she could have done was help me up. She bends down to get her papers and I help her. Because I have manners.

As I pick up the papers, which by the way there's a lot, I notice something peculiar.

Is that my face on the paper? And is that Ashton's face on another paper?

I quickly fold the papers when she wasn't looking and slip it into my purse.

Once were done she leaves and I send a quick text to Ash.

*Ashton P.O.V*

So I think I found the file room. Unless there's a room filled with files that isn't called the file room.

Now just for some identification.

I look around the room for some sort of I.D and white coat to blend in. I rummage through the desk and find an I.D card but sadly no white coat.

Clipping on the card to my chest, I look for a certain persons file. If I don't find it now, this will all be for nothing.

"Are you supposed to be in here?" I hear a woman ask.

I look up at her guilt, almost giving it away.

"The real question is are you supposed to be in here?" I retort.

She plays with her long black hair and looks at me skeptically.

"And what are supposed to be?" She questions quirking an eyebrow.

"The file keeper duh? I told her to inform all the worker that I'm new but no...." I ramble on to make it seem more real. I even grab a doughnut. But that could just be because I'm nervous.

"Felicia?" She questions eyeing my I.D card.

Shit I took a girls I.D!

"It's pronounced Felictha." I inform her."Is there something wrong?"

"Isn't that a girls name?"

"We'll forgive me that my parents thought that I was a girl. And excuse me? What type of question is that? This is my office and I will not be treated this way." I say as if I'm hurt. "Now get out." I shoo her away.

"Alright." She says fixing her grey suit.

As she walks out, I attempt to breathe. I almost had a heart attack. And dang her heals are loud!

"Oh a text from Mandy!" I mumble and read it.

From: Mandy

Ash I think we have a problem!

Image:

I stare at the picture for a good ten seconds. Is that my face? Is that Amanda's face?

"I have one more question to ask."

We really do have a problem.....

________________________________________________________

A/N

I have nothing to say!!!!!!!