Abandoned // Chapter Eleven

*Word Count: 1174*

"What?" Amy looked a bit confused, but concerned.
"Lauren. When i woke up she was sleeping on the floor, fully dressed with bruises all over her." I said, tears building up in my eyes. "I-it was so s-scary. i just- i didn't- i thought-" i stop as Amy hugs me. "For a split second i thought she was d-dead." I whisper the last bit, crying. "Don't worry Dani, it's going to be okay. If there really is something, i can assure you Christina will notice. Hey, don't cry." Amy wipes the tears off my face. Then Christina comes running in. "Guys, i think somethings from with Lauren." She said, eyes wide. Amy and i looked at each other, and i gulped. Something really was wrong with Lauren. "What? Guys?" Christina looks back and forth between us. "Where is Lauren actually?" I ask. "she went on a picnic with Christian. To spend some Twin Time, Christian said." Christina answers. I nod. "Ames, mom says you have to finish some work." Alex comes in. "Woah, am i interrupting something?" He asks. "No, no." Amy says and she walks downstairs. Christina walks away too. Alex starts to walk, but then turns his head to look at me. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah, yeah." I nearly run out of the room to avoid his concerned gaze. Okay, so what's with Lauren? Lauren. Bruises. Sleeping on floor. Distant. Not making eye contact. Serious. Flinching. Well, in public, Lauren can come across as a bit distant and serious, but at home? Never. She's not clumsy, so she couldn't have fallen easily. Maybe from her skateboard? No, Lauren is practically a pro at that. Lauren always makes eye contact and then pulls a funny face. Lauren loves her bed, she hates sleeping anywhere else. Lauren flinching when someone touches her? Not Lauren. Lauren loves having someone putting her hand on her shoulder, or hugging her. She loves some reassurance that someone is there with her. It doesn't make sense. Maybe, something happened to Lauren? I think so. Then Christian comes in, i nearly fall down as i run down the stairs to get to him. "Where's Lauren?" I ask. Looking behind him. "Lauren wanted to stay at the park for a while." He says. "Okay, i'll go over there. I want to ask her something." I say and quickly put my shoes on. I run out the door and grab the skateboard Lauren lent to me for now. I skate over to the park and then jump of the board and pick it up and start walking through the park. Where can she be? I look at all the benches, and then the swing. I check in all the bushes. Then i look behind a building, there is Lauren. Getting kicked by another girl. Without hesitation i walk over there and shove the girl. "What do you think you're doing?!" I yell angrily, when she doesn't answer me i shove her again. "Who are you?" She hisses, shoving me back. "Lauren's sister." I say, ready to punch her. "It's Ren now." She says. Ren? "No, it's Lauren." I say and shove the girl onto the floor and punch her, she grabs my arm and pulls me down and then starts punching me, but I don't give up, i push her off me and kick her hard, then i punch her again. "Stupid brat!" She yells, except she doesn't say brat, she says a much ruder word that starts with a 'b'. I plan on saying a rude word back, but i know the disappointed look Lauren will give me when i get to her. "Listen here. I don't know your name, or why you are doing this to Lauren, but you better back off and stop hurting her, or i will find you, and it will not be pleasant for you." I mimic the tone of voice my biological father always used before he started beating me. I learned a lot about threats those years. "What if i don't back off? What will you do about it, little girl." Oh no. She did not just call me a little girl, i hate when people call me a little girl. I hear a cry from Lauren, and i know i have to finish this quickly and make sure she is okay. "I, am not a little girl." I walk closer towards her and punch her hard in her stomach. She falls over, but gets up immediately. She then pushes me over again and punches my shoulder. Pain shoots through me. I cry out and the girl punches me again, a triumphant look on her face. I push her off me, but cause my shoulder pain again. Gosh, that hurts. I stand up, and kick her legs causing her to fall down, then i kick her again. She pulls me down by my leg and i tumble down. She stands up again and punches me on by shoulder. Then she slams her elbow down onto my ribcage. I gasp. She then pushes her foot down on the spot where she slammed her elbow. She keeps pushing down and i let out a cry of pain, but i refuse to cry, or beg for her to stop. Never will i do that. She lifts her foot up and i gasp for air, but then she slams it down with ten times the force as last time. "S-stop. Please, s-stop." I hear Lauren plead. I look to the side and give her a shaky smile, to let her know it's okay. I then look back up again and see the girl smiling smugly. Time to wipe that evil smile off her face. I nearly laugh at my thoughts, wow i am weird. Focusing on the girl again. I grab her ankle and push her off me, she slams her head down on the ground and seems to be in pain. Why do i feel guilty? I quickly scramble up and rush over to Lauren. "Lo, i-i'm sorry." I stammer at the sight of my bruised older sister. "N-no. It was m-my fault. Get o-out o-ver here Dani." She says. "Never. I love you." I say, smiling. Lauren looks as if she is about to say it back, but instead she gasps. "Dani run!" She yells at me. I turn around and see the girl with a knife, walking towards me. I stand up, with my head held high, even though i am shaking. I really hope she can't see me shaking. Suddenly i hear a rumbling of thunder and it starts pouring it down with rain. All i see is a flash of silver, until there's a sickening pain in my stomach. My mind flashes back to when my brother died, and then i fall over, and darkness consumes.

A/N this was actually a pretty scary chapter to write, my heart stopped at a few points. Lol. How's everyone's day going?