Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime

Song: Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding

Enjoy!

_____________________________

Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime

Jasper's POV

I watched how Scarlett chatted so animatedly with my parents and Elena, the passion in her eyes as she told them about the proposal.

The very same proposal that almost gave me a heart attack when she had said no.

My girl had played me good - too good, in fact - and there was no way in fücking hell I was going to let her get away with it.

"That is a stunning ring, dear," my Mom smiled as she held Scarlett's hand, admiring the ring.

"Who knew my big brother had a single romantic bone in that fat ass body of his?" Elena laughed as I glared at her.

"Who knew he even had the balls to pop the question?" My father joined in cheerily. "Hell, who knew he even had a pair of balls at all?"

"Cut it out, the pair of you," Mom scolded as Scarlett threw me a beautiful smile.

"He's perfect," she said softly as I smirked at her, about to reply with a smart ass comment but, of course, my father beat me to it.

"Perfect?" He choked violently on his drink as my mom slapped his back equally as violently causing him to turn to her. "Damn, Elle, I haven't seen that rough side of you since nineteen-eighty-nine when we were busy making Jasper."

"Dad, what the hell?" I spluttered as he casually leaned back in his chair, smirking at me. "Mom, for God's sake, do something with the old man!"

"Oh, son, we've done just about everything," he said, winking at my mom.

"We fücking came here to celebrate the news of our engagement yet we're all sat here listening to your memories of when you used to have séx," I snapped at him as he shrugged.

"Hey, who says these memories were from years ago?" He questioned, grinning at me. "You know, just last night -"

"Dad!" I interrupted as Scarlett laughed loudly, tears falling from her eyes.

"I was kidding!" He protested, throwing his palms up. "God, I've raised a right prude; you need a good lay, son."

"James! Control that dirty, potty mouth of yours, before I wash the damned thing out with soap!" Mom chastised him as he grinned proudly.

"Like father, like son," Scarlett laughed as I glared at her.

"Should we get going?" I asked her impatiently as my eyes raked over her delectable little body.

"I'll just help -"

"Well, isn't this just an adorable little setting?" Emily's voice interrupted as she strode into the dining hall.

"Nice of you to come and join us, Emily," Elena spoke sarcastically. "Dinner was over two hours ago."

"Oh? Must have slipped my mind," she commented flippantly as I rolled my eyes.

"Where are Heath and Keira?" Dad asked her. "The whole family were supposed to be here."

"So we're family now, are we?" She scoffed as I clenched my fists before feeling Scarlett's hands wrapped around them.

"Emily, what has gotten into you over the past few months?" My mom questioned her seriously.

"Why don't you ask your little golden boy over there?" She snapped, glaring at me. "He has been treating me like an outsider ever since I dated Vincent, yet when his bïtch jumps on -"