Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave

A/N:

Dedicated to @mystachefan51 for her comments and general support of the story! This chapter was inspired by your last comment on the previous chapter, so thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

———————————————-

Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave

It had been around nine weeks since I'd left the hospital and was being kept hostage within the confinements of Jasper's bedroom.

"Jasper, I swear, I'm okay now!" I groaned dramatically as he gave me a stern look.

"Let me see your leg," he ordered, marching towards the bed, pulling the duvet off of me.

The scar was pretty long and had small stitches running across its length, but it had healed nicely and I hardly felt any pain. I stared down at it, determined not to let its appearance affect me but, of course, that was easier said than done.

"Hey," Jasper's soft voice interrupted my thoughts. "You're still as beautiful as you always have been - scars or no scars."

"Thanks, Jasp," I smiled at him before grinning hopefully. "See, I'm fine now!"

"You're not going anywhere for at least another two weeks, sweetheart," he stated, giving me a passive look.

"Two weeks?" I repeated angrily. "Jasper, you cannot keep me hostage like this!"

"Oh, I can and I will," he whispered lowly in my ear causing me to shiver in pleasure as I dismissed it, considering now really was not the time for me to let my egotistic boyfriend know how much he turned me on.

"Fine." I huffed, turning my back to him. "You can leave now."

"Do I not even get a goodbye kiss?" He laughed at my irritation as I rolled my eyes although I knew he couldn't see.

I stayed silent as I waited for him to go, but instead, I felt the bed dip on the other side, as an arm wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, kissing my hair as I turned to face him, losing myself in his blue green eyes. "Just a couple more days, okay? You've been through a lot, physically and mentally, you need the rest."

"Whatever," I muttered, snuggling into his hard chest.

"I take it I'm forgiven then?" He chuckled.

"No, because you know I'm fine yet you're still adamant on imprisoning me," I replied calmly.

"For God's sake, Scarlett, can't you see that I'm 'imprisoning' you for your own benefit?" He snapped in annoyance. "You were practically dead, Scarlett, don't you think that warrants for some simple bed rest?"

"No, I don't," I snapped back. "It's been a month, Jasper - an entire month. I don't need to be treated like I'm incapable of doing things for myself, why can't you see that?"

"I don't have time for this," he sighed, getting out of bed. "I'm going to be late for work."

"As am I," I jutted out my chin in defiance.

"Don't bother coming with me," he glared at me coldly. "You're fired."

"You can't do that," I muttered.

"Brush up on your law then come back to me on that, baby."

He grabbed his suit jacket and stormed out of the bedroom in anger, closing the porch door loudly as he left the house.