Chapter 10 - Stay With Me

Scarlett's POV

I wish I hadn't done that.

I wish I hadn't asked.

Because, now, I'd learnt my boyfriend was a psychotic excuse of a man who probably would have killed Jasper's sister.

Given my daddy issues, it was really not that surprising that I would attract the worst type of men for myself, after all, it was all I knew.

God, I just felt so stupid; I knew it was too good to be true.

Sighing, I stood up once again and picked up my handbag.

"Mr -"

"Scarlett," Jasper interrupted, raising a brow.

"Jasper. I need to get going," I smiled weakly.

"It's late. Stay here tonight," he said removing his suit jacket, throwing it onto the chair beside him.

"Could you drop me home, please, Jasper?" I asked, becoming slightly impatiently.

"No." he stated simply.

"Look, I am really not in the mood for this," I snapped irritably as I proceeded towards the door.

"You are staying here tonight and that is that! The guest room is always free; there's a wardrobe of clothes and any other necessary toiletries."

I stared at him, my mouth agape.

"No, Jasper, I am going home!"

"Fine."

He walked towards me and in one swift movement I was in his inescapable grasp - bridal style.

"What are -"

"You should have listened the first time," he chuckled darkly, his hands conveniently travelling to my backside.

"God, you are impossible!" I snapped as I tried to supress a smile.

He carried me up the stairs and dumped me onto the queen-sized bed of the guest room.

The interior was amazing, it was breathtakingly beautiful. But then again so was his entire house.

"I'll leave you to it then, Scarlett. I'll be just down the hall if I need you," he smirked as he walked out.

"Impossible." I muttered under my breath removing my heels.

Rummaging through the cupboards and wardrobes, I couldn't find any sleepwear and I could hardly sleep in a dress. Groaning aloud, I walked down the hallway and knocked on Jasper's door.

"Yes, Scarlett?" He called out as I opened the door.

"Could I borrow a shirt, please?" I asked as he eyed me carefully before replying.

"Top drawer, left hand side."

"Thank you." I picked out a T-Shirt and went back to the guest bedroom, changing quickly. The shirt fell above my knees, just about covering my butt.

I seriously should have demanded he take me home, I thought as I tried to pull the shirt further down.

But a part of me wanted to stay.

I didn't know why. I didn't know what to expect. I simply wanted to stay and not be alone.

In the first one or two months when I started working for Jasper he was a jerk. An asshole. He was arrogant, rude and selfish, never gave a second thought about anyone else.