Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other

A/N:

OMG! Chapter 40, guys!!

Song: 'Latch' by Disclosure featuring Sam Smith.

Chapter 40 is dedicated to my best friend, whom, much to my dismay, has managed to find my story. God help me, the embarrassment is unreal *goes into hiding for a century* I still love you though, bitch, so go easy on me.

Enjoy!

___________________

Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other

Just as I was about to leave the room, after getting ready for my date with Jasper, I caught a final glimpse of myself as I stood in front of the mirror.

Something looked different.

Hell, everything looked different.

The woman looking back at me was the woman I'd spent so long trying to seek, without ever realizing that she was always there; it was the evil in my life that had allowed me to believe that this part of me had disappeared for good.

"You're so beautiful, do you know that?" Jasper's voice spoke softly as I smiled at him.

He walked into the room, his tall frame clad in a sharp black tuxedo as he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin upon my bare shoulder.

"You see what I see," he smiled at me through the mirror. "Don't you?"

"I'm starting to," I replied as I pushed my hair to the side. "Will you zip me up?"

"I'd much rather not," he smirked, his fingers skimming my back slowly.

"Jasper," I warned. "The reservation was for eight and it's already seven thirty."

I felt him pull the zipper up slowly before feeling him trail small kisses along the scar etched at the nape of my neck as I shivered slightly.

"Should we get going?" I murmured as I turned to face him.

"Of course," he grinned, holding out his hand for me to take as we left.

~

"This is so beautiful, Jasp," I sighed in content as I looked outside the magnificent glass window at the thousand lights of New York City.

"A beautiful view for a beautiful woman," he smirked.

"God knows how many women have fallen for that one," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Only you, baby, only you," he smiled easily as I blushed. "Although, this one is the real deal. This one gets all the panties dropping, let me tell you."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow, trying not to laugh. "Do pray tell, Mr Queen."

"Okay, okay," he began, sitting up. "What has one-hundred and forty-two teeth and holds back the Incredible Hulk?"

"Um... I don't know," I shrugged.

"My zipper."

"What?" I laughed loudly as he joined in.

"Like I said, total panty dropper that one," he said knowingly.

"Totally," I responded sarcastically as he slipped his hand in mine.

"I have something I would like to ask you," he said seriously as I frowned.

"Ask away."

"I've bought your old apartment back from its recent occupants," he told me. "It's one signature away from being yours again, if that's what you would like?"