Chapter 39 - Take Me Away

A/N:

THE SEX: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LENGTH OF THE SEX SCENE, IT IS NOT MY FORTE AND I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT. YA'LL HAVE WILD ASS IMAGINATIONS, SO, USE THEM!! :D

Song: Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande featuring The Weeknd (his voice is actual sex *swoon*)
______________________

Chapter 39 - Take Me Away

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett, I can't find my Rolex!" Jasper whined like a three year old from the bedroom.

"It's in the top drawer!" I yelled from the kitchen as I continued to make breakfast. "How can you lose the damned watch if it's supposed to be on your wrist?"

"I still can't find it!" He whined again two minutes later as I rolled my eyes.

Settling the spatula down, I marched up the stairs and into the bedroom, only to feel a pair of strong hands grip my waist causing me to yelp in shock.

"Morning, baby," Jasper greeted coolly as I regained my composure.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "Could you not have waited until you came down?"

"Nope," he responded casually. "You weren't in bed when I woke up."

"Well, you weren't going to make breakfast, were you?"

"You don't know that," he retorted as I laughed.

"I think even the Gods above know that you can't cook, Jasper."

"Just for that little smart ass comment, I don't think you deserve the surprise I've had ready for you," he smirked smugly as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What surprise?" I asked curiously.

"Well, there's no surprise now, Miss Valentina," he shrugged much to my irritation.

"Whatever," I replied flippantly. "I hate surprises, anyway."

"Oh, no, you would have loved this one," he grinned happily as I scoffed, turning around to leave.

"If you're not down in five, you can go without breakfast," I told him as I walked downstairs.

"Remind me again why I chose to rehire you?" He questioned sarcastically as he took a seat at the breakfast bar.

"Remind me again as to why you chose to fire me in the first place?" I responded, pouring him some coffee.

"Your smart mouth was bruising my ego," he shrugged, taking a bite of his toast.

"At least you admitted it," I laughed, taking a seat beside him.

"You're a little quiet," he commented as we ate breakfast in silence. "Is everything okay?"

I bit my lip cautiously as I wondered whether or not now was a good time to let him know about the predicament I was in regarding my father.

"My dad sent me -"

"A letter, I know," he finished for me as I frowned.

"How did you -"

"You left it on your desk a couple of weeks ago," he interrupted, softly.

"You're not mad about it?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

Unspeaking, he took my hands into his as I looked at him.