The Train

Hey everyone! I'm back after two weeks of camp! I'm really glad to be finally updating again! Unfortunately, school is starting in a week, so things might be hectic and I may or may not forget to update the next book. If that happens, I apologize in advance, but my friend from school will probably remind me to update so no worries!

Also, I've decided to make a second book! This is the last chapter of After Journeys End, so be looking for the next one, New Journey!

Also thank you for 2.3K reads! (Sorry had to get that in there)

So enough talk, let's get to the good stuff! Yayyyy~

....................

Roy's P.O.V.

....................

Boy, was I glad we requested a private train from the fuhrer for the ride to Ishval. We didn't have to worry about an escort constantly breathing down our necks, we were practically alone except for the few officers who stayed in the front and back of the train. It gave Riza and I plenty of privacy and time to talk.

And do a little bit more than talking. Especially since they left us alone when we slept.

Let's just say we became very close on that train ride.

Leaving that to your imagination, I'll move on to arriving in Ishval.

When we finally made it, we were immediately directed to the Center of Operations for the ongoing Ishvalan Restoration-that's what we were calling it. The only soldiers sent here were the most trusted and least racist ones who regretted the government's and their own actions, and truly wanted to assist in restoring the desolate land. Most of these soldiers participated in the Massacre, like myself, and are trying to atone for sins that will never be forgiven.

As we walked down the roads toward the Center of Operations, I could already see the Restoration in effect-the barest skeletons of homes were starting to pop up all around, and a crude-looking structure stood in the middle of it all. I later learned that it was a temporary hotel for the Ishvalans who were returning and had no place to stay.

It hit me how long this would take, to rebuild an entire country, not to mention regaining its trust and loyalty. I had no doubt the Fuhrer would at least make some small attempt to convince them to let us control-no, 'govern them until they're back on their feet,' and I didn't disagree with it. I'd make the same decision as well. That way, we'd have been able to keep an eye on them and make sure they don't get too powerful. But we wouldn't force it on them, because that would go against everything we were working towards.

I sighed. Politics are too confusing.

The building we were headed to seemed, from a distance, about three stories high, and built with a bit more quality than the hotel. There were many smaller buildings that had been put together around it, if you could call them that. Most looked like they were on the edge of crumbling. I looked over to my escort, who seemed to be mesmerized by it all, as I had been. Riza kept the usual stern look on her face.

"Penny for your thoughts, Lieutenant?" I asked her casually.

"Just imagining this place's future," she said simply. I nodded and we walked on toward the Center of Operations.

---------------------

Timeskip- one week later

---------------------

Riza and I made our way down to the Meeting Room on the second floor. We had just sent a guard to get who was needed for an emergency meeting that I had called about an issue that had just arisen.