Rebecca

I'm dealing with some writer's block, so please stick with me until it gets a bit more exciting!

Also I recently realized I've been spelling Grummand wrong (it's supposed to be Grumman) but I've already used it so much so far so I'll just keep it like that for now.

Okay, here goes...

///////////////////////

Third Person P.O.V.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

All five of the new officers arrived in the meeting room at nine thirty the next morning. Breda, Fuery, Havoc, Hawkeye, and Mustang all sat at seats around a large table, along with some others who were already in East City. They spent all morning and part of the afternoon discussing how things were going to work for the moment being, while the military was still in a state of confusion. After the meeting, they were to take a short tour and get acquainted with the building, then report to the general's office and begin work immediately, to sort out some paperwork and get settled in.

Riza was excited to take the tour because she had some friends she had wanted to see that worked in East-- like First Lieutenant Rebecca Catalina. Rebecca was her good friend who she adored, even if she was always trying to get Riza into a romantic relationship.

Riza wondered if she would end up telling Rebecca about her and Roy. No, she thought, it had to stay on the down-low. As it was, they were in a dangerous situation. Riza couldn't deal with the secret getting out any more than it already had.

As they made their way through the cafeteria, Roy asked Riza, "So, Lieutenant-"

"Lieutenant General, sir," she corrected him.

"LIeutenant General, is Lieutenant Catalina still here?" he asked her.

"Yes, First Lieutenant Catalina still works here, sir," she said.

"Hear that, Havoc?" he asked, smirking. "Your girlfriend's still here."

Havoc sighed and looked away. "As if," he grumbled.

Riza stepped on Roy's foot and he sucked in a quick breath.

"First Lieutenant Catalina also does not appreciate being called Havoc's girlfriend, if you don't mind," she smiled, walking ahead to the escorts.

"So, where is the shooting range?"

++++++++++++++++

Rebecca's P.O.V.

++++++++++++++++

BANG

BANG

BANG BANGBANG

BANGBANGBANGBANG-

I took off my goggles quickly and threw my gun to the table in front of me. I stood up and sighed frustratedly before running my fingers through my hair.

Ever since the 'Promised Day' where I assisted Grummand from this building, I'd been itching to get some action, and the shooting range wasn't necessarily adventure-packed. I took out all my aggression on the targets but it never satisfied me. I couldn't wait for Riza and her team to get here. There's always something exciting happening with them around, maybe they could bring some life back into East City, at least temporarily. I had gotten the news the last night regarding everything that would be happening in the following months. And, whether or not they knew this, I'd be helping Mustang's team control East while he and Riza were in Ishval.

I chuckled to myself. Those two were always together, but never...together. I'd always teased Riza about getting herself a man, but she always told me she was fine as she was. I'd also always been certain that Riza and Mustang had something, if anything. They worked together so perfectly...if only I had someone like that. Every man that brought an opportunity was lacking in most other aspects. I played it off to most as me just trying to find a man with the cash, but what I really wanted was someone who was...let's just say...on my level. An adventurous girl deserves an adventurous man.

Just then, the doors to the shooting range opened, and my thoughts turned to who was walking through the door.

"Riza!" I shouted, and ran over to her.

"Rebecca! It's great to see you again!" she said, giving me a short hug. "I thought you'd be here."

"Where else would I be?" I asked. Then I looked over at Mustang. "Glad to see you're doing well, Mustang."

"You too, First Lieutenant."

"Catalina, good to see you again!" I heard. From behind Mustang came Havoc. "Looking beautiful as always," he laughed. I scoffed.

"I know," I said, winking. I always flirted around with Jean, but he wasn't my type. Adventurous? Sure. Good-looking? Maybe. But definitely not my type.

I turned to Breda. "Hey, Breda."

"Hey, Lieutenant Catalina."

Sergeant Heath, one of the escorts, tapped my shoulder. "Lieutenant, I'm certain you wouldn't mind finishing the rest of the tour for them? Nichols and I have to take care of some business."

"Of course."

After Sergeants Heath and Nichols left, I gave them the rest of their tour, though most of my time was spent catching up with Riza since the Promised Day.

It was going to be fun to have a friend around like Riza.

----------------

Yes, I know it's short...I'm sorry...

BUT now we have Rebecca in the story! Yay!

It took me quite a few tries to write this, I swear I wasn't forgetting the whole time.

Excuses, excuses.

Later

-IngeniumVatum