Finally

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! It'll be longer than the last one :) hopefully it won't be too boring.

Don't forget to comment! I love getting feedback! I honestly don't care about votes, as long as I know you guys like what I'm doing.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Roy's P.O.V.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Knock knock knock*

I heard the door open after a few knocks.

"Mustang? You awake?"

I sat up, hearing the familiar voice.

"Hey, Breda. Is there a problem?" I asked, out of habit.

"No, but...there's someone here to see you," he replied.

"Oh?" I asked, excited that it was who I thought it would be. "Who is it?"

"One minute, I'll get him." I heard the door shut.

Riza had left a while ago to take some tests; she was still feeling a lot of pain in her neck, even though she tried to hide it. It hurt to know that she was in pain, especially when it was my-

No, Roy! You can't think like that. It's not your fault she was hurt, it's not your fault you couldn't save her. Riza wouldn't want you to think like that, and she doesn't blame you, either.

But... it was my fault for letting it show that I cared for her in front of the enemy. If they hadn't known, she wouldn't have-

The door suddenly opened again and I banished all thoughts of her from my mind.

"Mustang, I'm back, and I brought a friend..."

"Mustang!" I heard another familiar voice say.

"Havoc!" I said, sitting up in bed. I was glad it was him, and I was anxious to get him walking again.

I heard the door close, and then what must have been his wheelchair-I cringed at the thought-coming toward me. I felt a hand on my shoulder as he spoke.

"Colonel-"

"I'm not a colonel anymore, I'm a general."

He laughed.

"General," he said, obviously smiling (I could hear it in his voice), "I heard about the sacrifice you made so I could walk again, and I am forever grateful."

I scoffed. "It's not that big of a deal. What's a few days of not being able to see, when one of my closest comrades is unable to walk? Priorities, Havoc."

I was surprised when he pulled me in for a hug. "Thanks, Mustang," he said. I hugged him back for a second before he whispered into my ear, "So have you made a move on Hawkeye yet?"

I pulled back, shocked that he would speak to me like that, or that he would even have known about my feelings for her.

"Excuse me?" I asked quietly, but sternly.

Suddenly, he burst out laughing. "AHAHAHAHA! You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless! And you're blushing, ahahaha! I was kidding, man. Unless...."

I shook my head fiercely. "No!" I shouted, a little too quickly.

"Ahh, don't worry, man. Just messing with you. Don't worry, Breda left. You don't have to worry about being embarrassed or anything. Besides, I've seen the way you look at her. I'm surprised they let the two of you share a room."