Gone

Oh gosh I'm really sorry I took so long to update...I really have no excuse other than forgetting.

But please don't kill me, or else I wouldn't be able to make Roy and Riza make up :))

Ahhh here we go!

----------------------------------

(Roy's P.O.V.)

___________________

When we got back to the hospital, there was a fuss over Riza having left when she did, as Detective Ross helped me make my way back to our room before anyone noticed I had gone. When I heard the door open once more, I sat up, hoping it was Riza, alone.

"I'm fine, Nurse," I heard her voice say. "Would you mind getting me something to drink, though?"

"Of course," I heard another voice say. Ah. It was that nurse I kissed on the cheek earlier. God, I'm so disgusted with myself. I let myself betray Riza. And for what? My reputation? I'm so dumb.

When the door closed, Riza told me, "We're alone, in case you want to talk." Her voice was almost monotone, but she also sounded like she wanted to talk about it, too.

I sighed. "Riza, I don't even know what I was thinking when I made that  dumb decision. I feel like I've betrayed your trust, but I'm asking for your forgiveness. I have come to realize that your feelings matter more to me than how others see me." I mumbled the last part.

It was then that she put her right hand on my cheek. "Apology accepted." A moment later, I felt her lips on mine. I closed my eyes, and kissed her back for a moment.

"That nurse could be back any minute, Riza," I murmured against her lips.

"Mm," she replied, pulling away, and probably going back to her bed.

"I want you to know that I care about your reputation, Roy, not only because I care about you, but because I want to see you fix this broken country, which you can't exactly do as-"

The door opened. "Hawkeye, I have your water," the nurse said, almost coldly. Then, I felt her presence approach me. "Roy, how are you feeling? Do you need anything?" she asked sweetly.

"No," I said, frowning.

"Are you alright?" she asked. "Is it something I can help you with?" I heard her getting closer.

"Actually..." I smiled slightly, thinking of a way to get rid of her.

"Yes?" she asked, way too excited.

"I left a file of paperwork on my desk, in my office at headquarters. Would you mind getting it for me?"

I almost laughed, and I heard a snicker, so soft that I almost couldn't hear it. I could tell Riza was trying not to laugh as well.

"U-um..."

"Thanks, Molly, I really appreciate it!"

"My name's Rebecca," I heard her mumble under her breath, slamming the door behind her.

Riza burst out laughing. "AHAHAA! You are so forgiven, Roy!" she said, still cracking up. I let out a small laugh, and smiled. Her laugh was so beautiful.

"Thanks, Riza," I said, before starting to drift off to sleep. "That means a lot."

///////////////////////////////////////

-1 hour later-

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I awoke slowly, hearing movement all around me. I began to sit up and opened my eyes, remembering with a start that I still couldn't see.