Fuhrer Grummand

Yeah, I know. Late again. Oh well~

———————

One week later

Roy's P.O.V.

———————

Alright, this whole 'vision' thing is great, but seriously, I'd have waited to get fixed, had I known I would be piled with all this work and stress over Ishvalan relations. The moment Riza and I were finally released from the post-apocalyptic hospital to make space for more patients, we were shuttled to the temporary government headquarters, where Grummand was working hard to keep everything running smoothly. It was a difficult task to hold down a country after such an event, so Grummand needed all the help he could get. Riza and I were going to be sent to the East as General Mustang and Lieutenant General Hawkeye. It would take quite some effort and time before one could call Amestris a smoothly-running country, but I swore I would see this country become great with my assistance and, eventually, leadership.

Riza nudged me and pulled me from my thoughts. I turned my head to her, and she whispered, "Why the long face, General?" I sighed and stared into her eyes for a moment, glad we were alone in the back of the car.

"Have you thought about how hard it will be for...us?" I whispered back, almost silently. "These will be a long few years, trying to fix our mistakes. We'll be distracted...I might have to go places, you might have to go places, specifically Ishval-"

"Then I'll follow you, wherever you need to go." I smiled at her answer, momentarily content with the band-aid solution she gave to the problem.

(A/N For those who aren't aware, a band-aid solution is something that probably won't do much, even if it sounds good, because it's what someone wants to hear, and it won't last long.)

I sat back in my seat. When I became king...would she be my queen? I closed my eyes, indulging myself in musing and daydreaming about our future. I imagined myself, sitting in the fuhrer's office, the fuhrer's chair, and my beautiful wife sitting next to me...would she become my wife eventually? Would the fraternization laws change? Would I be the one to change them? In that moment, I realized that that was what I truly wanted. If nothing else, I wanted to be with Riza. We always had each other's back, could always trust and count on each other. I hoped it would always stay that way.

I yanked myself from my thoughts when I noticed how close we were to our destination.

Once inside, we were led through a few stairwells and hallways before entering a large room with many people bustling about, carrying papers and talking and such. Across the room, at a desk in front of a big window, was none other than the new fuhrer himself. I made my way over there, Riza trailing behind me.

"Ah! Riza! Mustang! You're here!" Grummand called out as we approached his desk. He stood up and grasped my hand. "I see your vision has truly been fixed, as reported. Good."

"Yes, sir. Doctor Marcoh healed both me and Havoc."

"Ah, yes, Jean Havoc? We'll have to speak about him later. And Riza, darling, how are you?" he asked, embracing his granddaughter.

"I'm quite fine, grandfather. May I ask, I thought we weren't letting anyone know about this?" She glanced around the room at all the people.

"Nah, I don't care if anyone knows we're related. How have you been?" he asked.

Old man sure seemed energetic today.

"I've been worse," she replied, earning a head nod from both me and Grummand.