Chapter 17

-Charlottes POV-

"203-56..7?" I groaned. "NO! .. 203-57..?" I slammed my hand on my desk. Ignoring the throbbing pain, I shut my eyes tightly.

My mind raced rapidly, millions of numbers popping up, one that could possible be his. Why did I have to break my phone? Without thinking, my hand viciously began to scratch my scarred wrists.

Its only been a week since I had last cut and a whole two months since I've been in Chicago. Things haven't gotten better, but things aren't as bad as they could be.

I havent been able to go on twitter. My aunt can hardly pay the phone bill, but she manages to pull through. Shrugging away the thoughts, my fingers slammed on the buttons of the phone. I could only remember the first four digits.

"Hopefully I get lucky and find his number..." I mumbled to myself, clunging onto the phone and pressed it against my ear.

The phone beeped, and my heartbeat quickened. "Sorry but the number you have dialed, is not available." Slamming the phone onto the desk, liquid began forming in my eyes.

"Is everything okay sweetie?" My aunt shouted from the living room. Shutting my eyes to keep from crying, I yelled back.

"Im fine!" Hearing footsteps getting closer and closer, I faked a smile and wiped the remaining tears from my cheeks.

My door slowly creaked open, my aunt peaking her head inside. "Do you have the house phone?" She asked. I stared at her dimples as she flashed me a genuine smile. "Ye-yeah." I stuttered. "Well, Im going to shower. So can you do me a favor?"

I nodded. "Robert is going to call any second, so can you be a doll and hand me the phone if I'm still in the shower?" She narrowed her eyes. I smiled, and mumbled a yes. She shot me a quick thank you, and proceeded to go shower.

Hopping off the chair, I plopped onto my bed and laid my head on my pillow, staring up at the ceiling. My mind continued to race rapidly. My eyelids began growing heavy...

FLASHBACK

I yawned. My head was prompted up on my pillow, my laptop right beside me. Harry stared at me and grinned. "Someones tired." He chuckled. He had his curls down, and wore nothing but gray sweatpants. "I really am.." I wiped the tear that streamed down my cheek from the yawn. "Go to sleep baby.." My heart pounded against my chest.

"Nooooo, Harry I want to talk to you," I whined.

Harry chuckled and said, "But you need to get some rest."

I smiled and said, "Yes mother..."

"Goodnight, Charlotte."

"Goodnight, Harry."

"WAIT!" I said, catching him before he hung up.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Skype tomorrow, yeah?" I said hoping he'd say yes.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I smiled at him. "Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, beautiful."

FLASHBACK ENDS

The sound of a phone rang, my eyes shot open. Staring at the ceiling, I laid on my bed completely dazed until I finally managed to process what was happening. Before I had the chance to grab the phone, it went straight to voicemail. I groaned, and mumbled a whatever.