Chapter 14

"I'm sorry to say this, but your mother was in a car accident... Drunk driver... She was ejected from the car and was killed on impact. There wasn't anything we could do. I'm sorry, miss..."

My heart dropped to my knees and my eyes filled with tears as I yelled back, "NO. STOP LYING. SHE'S NOT DEAD. SHE CAN'T BE. SHE'S ALL I HAVE. NO."

"I'm sor-"

I slammed the door in his face as I ran up the stairs. I grabbed my phone from my desk and called my mom's cell. The electronic voice said, "I'm sorry. But the number you are trying to reach is unavailable."

"No, no, no," I mumbled to myself, tears pouring out of my eyes. I called again. Same thing. I called again. Same thing. I did the next thing I could think of. Call Harry. I waited and waited and waited... No answer. All the sudden, my wrists began to itch. "No, no, no this can't be happening." I called Harry again. And again. And again. No answer. I let out a scream and threw my phone against the wall, watching it shatter into pieces. I collapsed on the floor as my wrists itched more and more. I slowly crawled to my bathroom. I opened the drawer and grabbed my razor. It almost made contact with my skin when I noticed Ed's bracelet. I thought about Harry and Ed. I can't do this again. I slowly stood up and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I'm all alone. I have no one. I began to pace in the bathroom letting out continuous sobs. Why is this happening to me?

Before I even knew what I was doing, my hand rose and punched my bathroom mirror, watching it break into pieces. A sharp pain throbbed in my right hand. I looked down and saw multiple cuts from the glass scattered accross my hand, blood dripping to the ground.

I looked at my broken reflection. God, I hate myself. I collapsed on the bathroom floor, holding my face in my hands as I sobbed, not caring about the blood running down my arm.

--Harry's POV--

"Thank you, Dallas, you guys have been absolutely incredible!" I yelled into the microphone. The crowd went wild, like always. I smiled and waved at a few fans. The boys and I ran off the stage and into the dressing room.

"Great show, lads!" Liam said and grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off of his face.

I let out a yawn and sat down on the couch, putting my face in my hands. "You okay, Harry?" Louis asked and sat next to me.

"Yeah, just tired." I replied. I walked over to the table and opened the drawer where my phone was resting. I had 4 missed calls from Charlotte. Concern washed over me as I pressed the call button to call her back. It didn't even ring. It went straight to voicemail.

"Hi, it's Charlotte. Sorry I can't answer the phone, but I'll try to get in contact with you as soon as I can. Bye!" My heart leaped at the sound of her voice. I heard the beep and began my message:

"Hi, Charlotte, it's me. Harry. Sorry I didn't answer, I was on stage... But, erm, is everything okay? I got your missed calls. Anyway, please call me back. I miss you." I said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked over to the boys. "Alright, lads, load up on the bus! Time to head off to our next stop!" Paul said. I got up from the couch and walked back to the dressing room to gather my things.

-Charlotte's POV-

I sat there, on the floor in my forever empty house, as I watched the blood roll out of my cuts and down my arm, eventually dripping onto my bathroom floor. My makeup was running down my cheeks along with my tears, as I brought the razor slowly to my inner thigh. I made one, long slide across my skin, not even flinching at the pain anymore. I'm numb. I've become numb.