Chapter 9 *A Sleepover?*

Max’s POV

I walked in the house and looked around. I saw the dim lights on in the kitchen and as I rounded the corner I saw Rachael sipping a bottle of water as she sat on a bar stool. Her hair was up in a bun and she had pulled her clothes back on over her swim suit. 

“Hey.” I decided to announce my presents but when she looked over she looked scared. “Sorry! Didn’t mean to scare you.” she gave a meek smile before taking another sip. 

“No biggie.” 

“You ok? You don’t look like your having a good time.” 

“Not feeling the greatest that’s all.” 

“Oh sorry. You wanna go watch some TV or a movie?” she looked a little weary before she slowly stood and nodded. I gave her a small smile before heading to the living room. She looked around before taking a seat on the couch. I slipped in a movie and hit play before taking a seat next to her. 

Ashley’s POV 

I jumped out of the pool and ran over and grabbed a towel off the chair with my stuff on it. I saw Tom and Jay sitting over at one of the poolside tables, Tom was glued to his phone and Jay was shaking his head. I dried my hands a little better before grabbing my phone. When I hit the button my phone had blown up with twitter notifications. I scrolled through them, soon finding out that Tom and was in a full blown twitter war with Louis. 

“Uh oh…” 

“What’s uh oh?” Nathan said as he came up behind me, I felt him snake his arms around my waist. His skin was cold and wet from the pool. 

“Brrr Nath!” I tried to jump away but he held on tighter and laughed into my hair before lightly kissing my shoulder. 

“What’s uh oh?” 

“Tom and Louis are in a twitter war.” I pointed over at Tom who was still glued to his phone. 

“Doesn’t surprise me. Tom mentioned how fans were saying they said something about us at a gig a couple days ago. Tom was pretty pissed about it but I thought he got over it.” 

“Oh he definitely didn’t. and Louis is being a douche to him to!” 

“Hey you’re the one that hangs out with them.” he smirked and raised an eyebrow as he looked down at me. 

“Uh uh! I’ve been sneaking away to hangout with you.” I said poking him in his bare chest. 

“Yeah I guess your right.” 

“Yeah I guess I am.” we stood there smiling at each other. After a few seconds I felt the cool breeze and it sent shivers down spine causing me to shiver. 

“You cold?” he asked as he rubbed his up and down my arms. 

“Yeah a little.” I turned around and pulled my tank top over my head but stared at my shorts which didn’t seem very warm. 

“Want a pair of my sweats?” 

“Oh my god yes!” I beamed at him enthusiastically. He flashed me a smile before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the house and up to his room. 

Rachael’s POV

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself warm and comfy but I wasn’t leaning on the couch. I felt skin against my cheek. I slowly sat up to find that I was using Max as a pillow. 

“Oh no…” 

“Rach?” I turned my head to find Ashley staring at me, her eyes wide. “Whaaat are you doing?”