Chapter 5 *The Morning After*

Ashley’s POV

I woke the next morning, more like afternoon, to my head pounding and the room slightly spinning. I could hear Rachael laughing out in the kitchen and the house smelled of something horrible. I stood up and waited to regain my balance before looking in the mirror. My hair was still half curled and my makeup was slightly smeared and I was still in the clothes I left in when I went with Nathan.

“Uh oh…” I sighed to myself as I rubbed my forehead.

“You want some Advil or something?” I heard Rachael say from behind me. I quickly turned around to find her half glaring at me.

“Rach I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what?” oh boy she was really pissed…

“That I didn’t tell you. I wanted one drink with the guy that’s all.”

“You had more than one Ashley. You should’ve seen yourself last night.” I winced at what I must’ve been like. “Oh and not even to mention Niall.” my mouth fell open and I quickly covered my face with my hands.

“That bad?” I sat back on the bed and put my face in my hands again. I made a fool of myself. Rachael sat down next to me and looked at me nodding, trying to hide a laugh but when I looked at her we both started laughing.

“Yeah that bad.” we were both laughing when I turned to her again and she winced.

“What?”

“Your breath reeks of jolly ranchers and not the candy.“ I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Yeah I’ll go take care of that. Sorry.” I pushed myself off the bed and walked quickly down the hall to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and tried to fix my hair before going out to the kitchen where everyone else was. To my surprise all the guys were still here.

“Good morning sunshine.” Harry said with a grin as he sipped some orange juice.

“Yeah yeah yeah.” I grabbed a red bull and took a swig but immediately regretting it. Red bull and hangovers didn’t exactly mix. I heard Rachael laugh and I looked over at her with my face twisted up in disgust.

“Serves ya right.” she had a triumphant smile on her face when I looked away. As I looked around I noticed Niall was gone and so was Louis.

“Where’s Niall and Louis?”

“They went to grab some coffee and fresh clothes. Don’t worry they’ll be back.”

“Who’ll be back?” I heard Louis’s all to familiar voice and I smiled as him and Niall walked in. I was expecting Niall to be angry but surprisingly he had a smug smile on his face.

“Rachael can I talk to you for a minute?” I nodded towards our rooms and she followed me. I walked into my room and she closed the door behind her.

“What’s up?”

“What happened last night when I came home?”

“Not much really. Nathan said you had a little to much to drink and Liam and I helped you to your room. Niall said he set Nathan straight or something. I don’t know. Ash why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well you were pissed about Max and I was going to tell you I really was but I didn’t think it was the right time. I didn’t plan on getting completely shit faced either I swear.”

“This is why I don’t like it when you drink Ash.”

“Yeah I know I’m sorry.” I looked down at my hands. I hated when I upset Rachael.