33- please

"Belle, don't move." Peter says slowly.

"Does it look like I can move, you idiot!" I yell out then squeak when the blade presses against my neck and a bottle rests at my lips, dripping a liquid down my throat. I try to spit it out but his blade presses tighter against my throat, telling me to swallow the bitter liquid.

Mason rounds the corner and his eyes widen in both fear and anger. A few guards follow behind and notice me.

"What do you want?" Mason growls out.

"Show me to the king." The man behind me orders, throwing the bottle towards Mason. My eyes narrow as I try to figure out the voice. The liquid makes my inside feel hot.

"Follow me." Peter grumbles and walks ahead quickly. No! Come back and help me you ignorant man!

Suddenly I'm picked up and thrown over a shoulder causing me to squeak in shock. My forehead hits the man's back. His hand rests on my arse and his other one has a knife against my ankles.

"One wrong move and your princess will be incapable of ever walking ever again." The voice warns.

"Get your hand off of my arse!" I snap.

I see Mason walking behind the man and his hand reaches up to hold mine.

"I wouldn't do that, Duke Mason." The man states firmly. My eyes widen and Mason huffs.

I think, trying to form a plan in my mind. Could I use my shortness to my advantage?

"Sir, I don't feel well." I mutter, playing the sick card.

"Be a big girl."

"Sir-"

"Shut up Annabelle!" The man snaps and I realize I have no idea who this man is.

I twist, grab his hair and pull down as hard as I can. He stumbles back and drops me. Arms wrap around me and pull me away from the man.

I look at the man in anger while shaking the hair out of my hand. He glares at me and touches the back of his head, feeling a small spot of skin. The guards block him from getting to me and a few pull out handcuffs.

Mason pulls me into against his chest and I completely forget about how sweaty he is.

I wrap my arms around him and hold onto him, afraid the man will come after me again.

"What are you doing here, Northern?" Alexon asks. Someone from the Northern Kingdom?

"I came to talk to the king and the only way that would happen is if I had leverage. I needed Annabelle." He pleads like he wants us to know what his plan is.

"You have no right to touch the princess!" A guard announces.

They begin shoving him towards the dungeon. "Wait!"

Everyone looks at me shocked. I must look as baffled by my sudden outburst. "What do you want?"

"To talk to the king, your highness."

I sigh, completely exhausted. "Yes, I know that. But why do you want to talk to him?"

"Now, if I told you it would defeat the whole purpose of trying to talk to the king."

I nod to the guards and they take him away. "Curiosity is a bad habit to have." Alexon warns me.

I give him a baffled look. "Well, brother, wouldn't you be curious too when someone was trying to use you as a reason to talk to their father?"

He frowns and storms off. "I'm done with you!"

"You spoke! If you didn't want to know then you should have just kept quiet!" I yell after him, Mason restraining me.