48- family

"This is William, my brother and your uncle." My father announces.

"We have been done with a wedding for two hours and you are already having us meet family?" Alexon retorts.

A man who looks almost exactly like my father and Alexon steps forward. A woman stands beside him and she has brown hair and stands about as tall as my uncle who is about 6 foot.

Everyone looks down to see my reaction. "Why am I so short!?" I cry out. "Wait! Let me get my heels!"

Alexon and Mason break into laughter and my pouting face.

"How old is she again?" The woman whispers, an arrogant tone in her voice.

"17, ma'am. I'm Princess Annabelle, Duke Mason's wife." I respond to her question and hold out a hand, purposefully disrespecting her.

Her brown eyes snap to my blue one before a scowl takes place on her face.

I smirk, knowing she will become weak once her husband leaves her side. "Would you like me to show you around the castle?"

"Guardian Sanders already did that, thank you." My eyes widen when I hear the name.

"Dad! Peter's home!" I yell out, excitement filling me.

"Really? Do you want to go find him?" My father asks, a small smile on his face.

I nod and run towards the training room, Mason and Alexon in tow.

°•°•

"Boo!" Someone yells right beside me and I scream, tripping over my dress and falling forward. Arms wrap around me and pull my against a familiar chest. I look up into the warm brown eyes of Guardian Sanders.

"Peter!" I yell out, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

"What has it been? Three months?" He asks, hugging me back.

"Too long. I needed a friend. I needed my best friend to help me in my heels, to help me walk down the aisle. You missed the wedding Peter."

"For once I'm going to agree with Belle and say I missed you at the wedding." Mason jokes.

"Aww, did you miss me, darling?" Peter says, pulling away from our hug and walking over to Mason.

I snicker as Peter wraps his arms around Mason in a hug. "Get off of me!"

"Fine, be stubborn!" Peter snaps and acts like he flips hair over his shoulder.

"So Belle has a new enemy." Alexon joins in the conversation in a hushed whisper.

Peter steps closer to us. "What? How so? She just got back!"

"William's wife. Glared down Belle and disrespected her."

A maid runs in with a scared expression, looking directly at me. "Your highness, your father is calling for you!"

Alexon looks at me and nods. "I have your back."

I roll my eyes at their dramatics and walk out of the room with Mason helping me walk without falling. The last thing I need is that lady thinking I'm not worthy of what I was born to take over.

"Guardian Sanders is Annabelle's personal guard. He just came back from training. Annabelle is also married to our previous duke, Mason." My father's voice echos down the hall.

Peter moves to stand against the wall, hidden from sight like a guard is supposed to be.

"Who is Annabelle, brother?" Willaim asks, his arm around his wife.