27- I need to talk to you... privately

"I love you. I have always loved you and I always will. Nothing will stop me from loving you, only increase my love."

°•°•

I stare into his eyes, mine widening. He loves me? After everything I put him through he loves me?

"Even after everything you put me through, I knew I couldn't live without you. The only reason I survived the torment of being a slave was because of my love for you, hoping that one day I would reown my title and ask for your hand in marriage. I have always loved you.

"From when you told me your crush on your personal guard, back to when you got hurt everytime trying to sneak out to see the guards practice. To your face when you read a part of your book that broke your heart or made you joyful. The face when you knew the little mystery flower the gardener put in your garden.

"I have seen you at almost all your emotions and not once have I ever thought to leave you. I love you, Annabelle. I want you to know this before you make a decision."

I stand there in shock, not knowing a single word to say. He loves me...someone actually loves me. Other than my brother and family, who is suppose to love me. How does a woman respond to this? Does she tell him her feelings? Does she walk away?

Someone please help me!

Mason cuts off my thinking by whispering. "It's okay if you don't feel the same but I thought I would tell you before you choose who to stay with. If you ever need me, and you choose Cyril, please don't hesitate to ask for help. I will be by your side as quickly as I can, we are best friends after all."

"Best friends that will never be." I pause to try and form a coherent sentence. "Mase, I...I-"

"Alright, Annabelle," Alaric suddenly barges into the room fully dressed in armor like Ayre was earlier. "It looks like we have someone who decided to do the job Cyril wants to do. Assassins are after your fiancé and I swore to protect you, not him. What is your plan?"

"Should it worry me that he already knows you have a plan ready?" Mason whispers.

"I want to talk to Cyril quickly, if he is available." I tell Alaric who nods and motions for me to follow.

I turn towards Alexon and kiss his nose. "I will be back, brother."

Mason grabs my hand as we follow after Alaric.

"Are you sure your idea will be good?" Mason whispers.

"I have not yet come across a bad one and if I did someone stopped me before I could, so it doesn't matter."

"That doesn't make me feel any better about this situation!"

"It should make you feel better, it means that most of my ideas are good ones."

He sighs and stays quiet all the way to Cyril's office. "Belle, I don't think this is going to turn out well."

"Oh hush." I mutter before knocking on the door.

"Come in!" The elven king bellows. I open the door to see Cyril, Ayre, and Peter.

"Peter?" Mason and I both question at the same time.

"Hello, princess." He mutters before standing and bowing. Well, attempt to bow with his hands tied behind his back.

"Cyril, I need to talk to you... privately."

He nods. "Alaric and Mason, escort Ayre and Peter out."

They walk out of the room after giving me a stern look. I look over to Cyril to see him standing.