24-Trust

"What are you doing here?" Alaric snaps.

I open my eyes and see I'm in a large room that I've never seen before. There is a chest against the foot of the bed. There is a large mirror against the corner, a door leading to somewhere, and a desk across from the bed, by the door. The colors are gold and brown.

I notice I'm in a large bed and at the foot of the bed is an angry Mason. I follow his gaze to see Alaric giving him a glare.

"What's going on? Where am I? Where is Alexon?!" My voice begins to rise in panic.

Alaric's face softens as he turns to look at me. "Your brother is fine, he is in the infirmary. You are in my room because I don't trust Cyril with you right now now."

I sit up and stand. Mason is immediately by my side wiith an arm around my shoulder.

"Did you know you were engaged?" Alaric asks me.

"Honestly, no, I didn't but I knew my father wanted me to be married to a duke or try to convince a prince to fall for me." I explain.

"But after everything with his father?"

"Mason was the one who helped Alexon trick his father and get me away from him. He was my only best friend growing up. I trust him." I pause. "And how do you even know that happened!?"

His expression shows that he was caught. "Ummm...I was keeping...you were suppose...I mean..."

I frown. "You were watching me back then weren't you?

He nods with his face a bright pink. "Yeah, I'm sorry."

"It is okay," I say then pause. Should I ask him? "What will Cyril do to me?"

Alaric tenses and turns furious. "Nothing. I won't let him harm you."

Mason pulls me against his chest in a protective manner.

There is a knock on the door before it opens to show Ayre. He bows to me before speaking. "Cyril would like to speak with you, princess."

Alaric steps froward and blocks me from Ayre. "Tell my brother that he has needs to calm down before he may speak to her."

"I was told to bring the princess and anyone who dares to defy the king."

"He has you there." I whisper to Alaric. He turns and glares at me. I give him an innocent smile.

"Princess, if you would please come with me." Ayre says then offers me an arm.

Mason's arm around me tightens, claiming me as his. I'm not going to deny it but I like his arms around me. It offers me a sense of comfort and home. I really missed him when he was gone.

"Duke Mason and I will escort her to Cyril." Alaric dismisses Ayre.

Ayre doesn't seem to understand this because he stays in his spot, guarding the door. I hide a giggle by hiding my face into Mason's chest.

"When does Cyril want us?" Alaric sounds angry.

"Now." Ayre replies.

"Belle, pretend Ayre is Tommy." Mason whispers in my ear.

I smile and lift my head to look at Mason's eyes. "Tommy?"

He nods, a smirk becoming a prominent feature.

"Ayre? Could you say that one more time? I couldn't hear you." I ask, sweetening my voice.

"Cyril wants you now." He speaks louder.

"I am sorry, but I don't seem to know what you are talking about. Who wants me?" I fake confusion.

"Cyril wants you." He is becoming annoyed.