chapter 12- Peter's secret

"You know you have to have guards with you where ever you go, even more so now because Tristan is after you! Think, Annabelle! I can't loose you." Dad says. He buries his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry, dad. I was with the fae and thought I'd be fine with them if I took Starlight." I look down in shame.

"We have been invited to a ball for Tristan. He has to choose a girl to be his wife and he is inviting us because he thought it would be nice for him to show you that he isn't going after you anymore. I want you, Alexon, and Mason to go. Your assigned guard is now Peter and Kade."

I lift my head and gap at him. "But father!"

"No buts young lady. As long as you live in my kingdom you follow my say. Are we clear?" He speaks firmly. I nod my head and turn to leave. "Yhe ball is in three days time. Is there any reason you wanted to speak to me?"

"The fae are deciding to come out from hiding now. They said they would be on my side and help me. We now have them as our allies." I say before leaving the office and walking down the hall.

"Princess, may I speak with you?" I turn around to see the one person who crushed me.

"You may, Guardian Sanders. I know the perfect place." I say formally. I begin walking towards my garden, careful to not trip. The clanking of his lowered uniform makes the only noise in the hall other than the silent patfer of my feet.

I open the door and see men I've never seen before raiding my garden. I gasp and back away from them. They turn towards me and aim their weapons at me.

"Ah, little princess. Looks like we found the correct place fellas." One of they guys say. They all have masks and all I see are their eyes. Green, brown, and gold.

"What do you want with her highness?" Peter demands. He has his hand on the sword handle and is tensed to fight.

"Just to talk, if that is alright with you, princess?" The golden eyed one asks.

"About what?" I ask, placing a hand on Peter's arm.

"No, your highness, about whom." I lift my chin and look into their eyes.

"Who are we talking about?" I ask.

"Tristan and Mason. Tristan wants to kill Mason at the suitor ball and then take you as his wife. We are a rebel team from the Northern kingdom and we prefer your Kingdom over theirs." The green eyed one says.

"Wolves." Peter growls out.

The men sniff the air and look at Peter confused. "Why do you hide what you are? It would be easier to protect your princess if you let your true self forward."

"Guardian Sanders, what are they talking about?" I move my hand from his arm and back away some.

"That's what I wanted to talk about to you, princess." He tells me before looking to the men. "You told her everything you needed now leave."

"Actually, the Wolves are on your side. Alpha says he wants to talk to you. Tristan tried to control us and we want to side with a kingdom who won't abuse the power they have with wolves."

I smile. "I would love to speak to him. I would just need a time."

"The full moon, three days from now." Meet in the dark forest. He will allow no harm to come to you. Bring a wolf and they will be your token that you are here to speak." The brown eyed one says.

I nod and they disappear. Like vanish suddenly. I look around and see then no where. I look to Peter and see he is frown and muttering to himself.

"Peter?"