Unlucky

Niall

I was in the Poseidon cabin, sitting there, feeling lonely and uncomfortable.

I heard that my half brother Percy would be coming soon.

I wondered what he was like.

Percy came into the cabin, in about an hour, he smiled and we shook hands.

"So you're the saviour that I've been hearing about" I teased.

Percy groaned.

"Who told you?" He asked.

I smirked "Rachel may have mentioned you a few times"

In truth I was slightly envious of him, Rachel talked about Percy all the time, I wished she talked about me like that, but I tried not to judge him just based on the fact, Rachel seemed to like him more than me...

Percy sighed "Yeah, I told her not to but she's -"

"To stubborn for her own good and she always thinks she knows best" I said.

Percy looked confused "Yeah, how did you know?"

I said "I was her friend before all this, she didn't tell me who I was"

Percy noticed my bitter tone and said gently "She was just trying to protect you"

I almost wanted to scream I don't need her protection, I'm not some helpless kid! But I contained my self and said tiredly "I know"

I wish I didn't know...

Percy was really friendly and nice, his personality didn't seem to go with the hero that everyone described him, but I could tell, there was another side of him, he wasn't showing but I guess he did look like a hero.

He was tall around 6 foot and muscled.

His features were sharp and solid and his eye's were a dark green.

At time's when he talked they turned a darker colour and I swear I could see darkness and terrible grief inside them, pain he was hiding but I knew it was there, I always know.

Like he had done and seen so much, so muck evil and war, that made me think, no I didn't want to be a hero because to be one, there was always a price you had to pay, like have people's live's on your shoulder's and the pressure to live up to everyone's expectations.

I hoped I would never have to do it but something told me my luck, as it were, had already ran out.